When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940s Schwinn?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

silentda213gangster

Look Ma, No Hands!
Any ideas what i have here and its value

Screenshot_20221203-081022_OfferUp.jpg

hard to put a value on the whole bike since it has been painted making it less desireable than even a crusty original.. 1941 most likely as the chainguard is 1941 only.. missing the tank and rack, front rim is 48 or newer, grips are 60's, front drum brake with lever is worth $300+ because everyone wants one. looks like mostly correct parts otherwise. seat and bars may be incorrect, but still vintage.

the missing tank and rack would be $300.00 if you were very lucky, probably closer to $500. looks like a nice paint job, so the original paint undeneath was most likely destroyed in the process.

here's a crusty version of the same bike, though this one does not have the springer.

1670116773242.png

Last edited:
hard to put a value on the whole bike since it has been painted making it less desireable than even a crusty original.. 1941 most likely as the chainguard is 1941 only.. missing the tank and rack, front rim is 48 or newer, grips are 60's, front drum brake with lever is worth $300+ because everyone wants one. looks like mostly correct parts otherwise. seat and bars may be incorrect, but still vintage.

the missing tank and rack would be $300.00 if you were very lucky, probably closer to $500. looks like a nice paint job, so the original paint undeneath was most likely destroyed in the process.

here's a crusty version of the same bike, though this one does not have the springer.

View attachment 1744631
Tank was found, now hes asking 1,100 for it with tanks here are some more pics1751566

I think it would part out close to that price. Tanks do not match and may be a later post-war model that won't fit that frame right. I dig the paint even though it's not original. I would NOT scratch the frame trying to make the tank fit, but that's money not to be left laying on the ground. Non matching parts would help negotiate a lower price.

it is always good to show all the photos you have when asking questions.

I just noticed it has a drum brake on the rear as well!! the 2 brakes and one lever would be half the asking price if you were to source them separate.

the tank has value even if it is not the right one. $200 - $300. I do not know the differences between prewar and post war tanks on those frames.

locking springer with key, train light front fender, 1 year only chainguard. 2 drum brakes. lots of good stuff there.

chrome looks like new rust that should clean up pretty good..

if you like the paint make him an offer. for me the paint would kill the deal because it is not original colors and no pinstripes. I would not mind a proper repaint.

Back