eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

realsteel

On Training Wheels
Sep 11, 2019
PA
I inherited my Dad's bicycle recently and I am trying to identify exactly what it is and see if it is worth keeping / restoring.
The head badge says TruSport. It is a 1944 model (Dad said he grandfather took him to a Firestone store in suburban Philly in '44 and told him to "pick one out"
The bike is in fair condition and I think original except for the paint (Brush painted sometime in the mid to late fifties). It is missing the rear reflector and I think a headlight. There is a period correct SW speedo which is missing the glass. Any help in identifying model / manufacturer / value is greatly appreciated.

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 6, 2015
Sebastopol, United States
It’s a Colson bicycle. Tru Sport was a sporting goods hardware store in Philadelphia PA. Not sure how that dovetails with your family history of purchasing it at a Firestone store.

OldSkipTooth

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 6, 2015
Sebastopol, United States
Also, it appears earlier than 1944, like 38-41. But I can’t make out the pics very well.

Reactions: fordmike65

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 17, 2011
Cool man, definately came out of Philly area. What part of PA are you from? Im in Nazareth, had a Trusport bike just like this awhile back. I forget where it got to, but someone bought it from me.

Reactions: piercer_99
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Pedaltherapy

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Sep 26, 2018
Hudson OH
tjkajecj, really like the color on your 41! Looks great. Congrats realsteel, bikes are a cool piece of family history. My grandfather gave my father's bike to a scrap drive during the war after he ran away at 16 to the Navy. Dad wasn't happy to discover that when he returned in 47

Reactions: tjkajecj

THEGOLDENGREEK

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 9, 2012
Earth
Nice colson saw it for sale at an estate sale a few days ago on craigslist...in Philly. Couldn't make it there but Nice buy! Colsons are great bikes and ride great.

Reactions: tjkajecj
This ad goes away when you register for an account!