When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941/46 CWC Something or Other frickin frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Aside from figuring our why the brake won't engage in the New Departure Model D hub, this baby is rideable again!

Had Eric Ramos of the Sacramento Hooligans recovered and salvaged my original seat pan, springs etc.

It spent a couple days in an acid bath, took off three coats of house paint as well as a full coat of rust. Kept the original rims and relaced/rebuilt the wheels. Buffed as much as possible to see chrome again but did the frame and fenders by hand. Couple coats of clear satin to protect the remaining paint and slow rust.

I'd say this was my hard resto to date. A little mind numbing at points, but overall, it rides real nice. #flintstonelife

20230429_195645.jpg

Screenshot_20220710-145656_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! still one of only a couple CWC shorty I've ever seen! special order? prototype? definitely a anomaly!, wonder if there was ever a custom skinny tank 😏

Last edited:
Looks great! still one of only a couple CWC shorty I've ever seen! special order? prototype? definitely a anomaly!, wonder if there was ever a custom skinny tank 😏
Yeah, would be nice. I found a rack and truss rods to match from the same period that match 46 photos, but of course none of them fit because of the shorty frame.

Reactions: mrg
Aside from figuring our why the brake won't engage in the New Departure Model D hub, this baby is rideable again!

Had Eric Ramos of the Sacramento Hooligans recovered and salvaged my original seat pan, springs etc.

It spent a couple days in an acid bath, took off three coats of house paint as well as a full coat of rust. Kept the original rims and relaced/rebuilt the wheels. Buffed as much as possible to see chrome again but did the frame and fenders by hand. Couple coats of clear satin to protect the remaining paint and slow rust.

I'd say this was my hard resto to date. A little mind numbing at points, but overall, it rides real nice. #flintstonelife

View attachment 1829718

View attachment 1829719
Wow, this bike turned out AMAZING!! Really nice job on this COOOL old CWC bike. RideOn..

Back