When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941/46 CWC Something or Other frickin frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The frame has been messed with. Note the bottom bar of the top 2 bars where it attaches to the head. See the red circle in the pic. It's not original, but is a bad repair. The height of the head is too short as well for a 26" frame. Look at the green section on this chart, at the J there. It's postwar, 1947, and has a modified/repaired frame.
Deb

View attachment 1660690

View attachment 1660692

Not seeing it 🧐

View attachment 1660920
View attachment 1660926

Ya, factory CWC shorty frame! Phil would have had the info on this back in the day but Scott @rustjunkie wins the coke here, That's the only frame to compare with, you do better with the search engine here, I could not find the pic anywhere!, @Bikehaus still like to varify it has 26" wheels?

Last edited:
Ok, big question is racing what at Ukiah?
BMX. I have a 20", but I prefer my 26" Dirt Jumper in the cruiser group

182112800_1916222598536954_4850560865989971008_n.jpg

No one is saying it never had any repairs. I've seen many bike frames repaired there at the BB. The rest of the frame is legit and not modified to be a shorter frame.
For the record, I never said it was made shorter. I just pointed out the BB weld repair, and areas of concern and difference, and wanted her to make sure the repair is good, and safe to ride.

Not seeing it 🧐
My other comparison pics were posted before she did some cleanup and posted better pictures of those areas I circled. When that was done, it ruled out the red circled areas. But, the BB weld repair was proven by her pic. Also, the pics I posted to actually be able to compare her frame to a 46-7 26" 3 gill tank frame helped to rule that out. Her initial post was all wrong. It's not a 41 AA frame, and it's not a 46-47 3 gill frame either. That we know. We also now know the BB was repaired. Sometimes to get to the reality of what it is requires good comparison pics, questions being answered, etc. Through the flow of the conversations here, she now has answers that changed the reality of what this cool CWC bike is and has helped the project, and now she can go in the right direction with her easy to ride bike. So, it's all good.

Back