When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Belknap Huffman. What was I thinking?

-

Dogtown

Finally riding a big boys bike
The things you buy late night on eBay 1941 Belknap Huffman.

So in short I ike to find old rusted incomplete bikes and bring them back with my two sons, 18 and 10. Nothing gets replated , or repainted. Just time, effort and a polishing wheel. Lol

So this bike was being sold in parts on eBay and I wanted to keep it together.and it looked like a nightmare project, four separate auctions that I needed to win and it would be mine. I just picked up a 1920’s Ranger that might have been parted out just to save it but that will be another post when I get into it.

Here are the photos from the add as a start and yes I agree what was I thinking. Also honestly the bike is 95% done I can’t stand it when I start following a project on The Cabe and you never see the end result or it’s weeks/months between updates so as I go through the pictures I will show you the story and any suggestions, knowledge or advice is ALWAYS appreciated.

So I hope you enjoy the tale of the what the hell was I thinking 41 Huffman.

So the pictures from the adds were kind, Dismantled the bike completely and here are the fenders and chain guard. This bike is covered in rust but maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Decided to go with an OA bath after testing with evapor-rust. Results coming soon.

It'll clean up Nice for it's age & what it is ;) Hopefully it didn't cost ya too much & you'll enjoy the time with the 18 & 10 year old sons. I wouldn't snub it in the least bit
Thank you, we live near Venice Beach, basically live on bikes 10 months out of the year and they are all meant to be riders. It wasn’t that much except for the saddle but honestly the process, finding something we could all do together and for those two to get along is priceless.

Last edited:
Thank you, we live near Venice Beach, basically live on bikes 10 months out of the year and they are all meant to be riders. It wasn’t that much except for the saddle but honestly the process, finding something we could all do together and for those two to get along is priceless.
Ahhh that explains the name some too! Lords of Dogtown is 1 of my favorite skater movies. I never got into that life but I have heard of those guys from those who said Skating Was Life. I can't wait to see some ideas & or buildin' goin' on .... always makes me wanna do more with mine.

Back