When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 BF Goodrich Schwinn World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
another Craigslist find. pretty happy with this one, though a bit more paint would have been nice. no pins or decals left on the original paint, the guy I bought it from said you could still see "the World" decals when he bought it 10 years ago. I think he may have left it outside as the Brooks seat is only 10 years old, he was saying they made this seat starting in 1937 so the style fits the era, and it is so warped it looks like it came with the bike new.

blackout hubs, Lobdell rims with pinstripes still visible. it came with a matching front fender but no braces. he said when he got it it has BF Goodrich WAR tires on it, but they were toast. has some Kenda's on it now. as an added bonus he gave me 4 Kenda Schwinn size tires in the deal. good rider though the rear hub needs some help as the brakes are very poor. Wald basket is going away. I have a 1950 girls bike I may put it on.

just bought a B6 last week, along with 2 frames, and a 41 Girls bike a week before that and convinced myself I was not buying this one, but then caved in and did it. I'm going to remove the basket, grease things up, possibly buy two fenders for it I saw here, rob the kickstand from my 41 Girls bike and ride.

I don't have the serial # handy.

I'm pretty sure that's not a 41. Has to be a 42 or later, definitely a war time piece with painted rims, one rear fender stay and black out components. And it had war tires when found years ago?

that makes sense, I was just going on what the owner said. do you think the handle bars are original? did they ever sell these with no kickstand or chain guard?

this is pretty much what I wanted to get when I started my lightweight search. made a few stops on the way and now I have 3. 1950 Traveler, a ladies 1941, and this one .... plus my 1960 Racer. and an extra frame. and a parts bike.

The war time New Worlds did not come with a stand or a chain guard. It had one rear fender stay while the prewar and post war pieces had two and the painted rims. The boy scout bars were not standard issue and not sure if they could have been a factory war time option, but should have been IMO.

I thought the one rear fender stay was interesting. I just looked at a pair of these fenders in black, but 2 pre war style braces on the rear.

did they sell them without fenders? I find it odd the fenders have no signs of ever having paint at all. they both look the same, all rust.

They all came with fenders. HUFFMANBILL posted the sheet on the war time pieces with all the specs for these and there's a copy in Miq's thread.

Here's one of Bill's threads with the info.

Back