When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 CCM Rambler - What to do?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bossman

Look Ma, No Hands!
Being relatively new to Vintage bike restoration, I am not sure what to do with this 1941 CCM Rambler. The frame, crank and handlebars are original but not much else. The frame is not showing much rust but only about 50 % of the original color remains. Most of the pin striping is also gone. I am considering stripping and repainting the frame (original color) and rebuilding the bike into an updated cruiser. Any and all opinions would be much appreciated!

Don’t strip it. Grease it, put pedals, grips and a
seat on it. Then pull the the rack off and have fun riding it. I would check the tires as well. These bikes ride great. Here is mine complete with cracking house paint. I love riding it and the patina tells a story that.new paint can’t tell
image.jpg

seat on it. Then pull the the rack off and have fun riding it. I would check the tires as well. These bikes ride great. Here is mine complete with cracking house paint. I love riding it and the patina tells a story that.new paint can’t tellView attachment 1109492
Thanks for that! Your bike looks great and I wish I had the original pin striped blue rims.

seat on it. Then pull the the rack off and have fun riding it. I would check the tires as well. These bikes ride great. Here is mine complete with cracking house paint. I love riding it and the patina tells a story that.new paint can’t tellView attachment 1109492
Thanks for that! Your bike looks great and I wish I had the original pin striped blu rims.
...and what he said.
3 for 3 so that's that. Thanks. I'll post some photos when I'm done.

I have the same bike but a couple years older. I swapped out the rear hub for a nexus 8 speed, the front with a sturmey archer dyno/drum brake, put on a brooks saddle and now its my commuter.

I am pretty much done with this for now. The information provided by everyone was most helpful and much appreciated! I managed to get the Perry hub back together with the help of the Schwinn manual and based on everyone's input kept the frame original. The rims that were on the bike were not original and pretty much shot so I manged to find these vintage Westwood rims complete with crusty white walls. A Magic Eraser worked miracles cleaning up the whitewalls. Given that not much of the bike was original this was just one to have fun with. Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Back