When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1941 Elgin Deluxe $1250

-
Price
Zipcode

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
After some consideration, I have decided to offer this bike for sale. It's a Murray built 1941 Elgin Deluxe. All paint is original with the exception of the wheels. Wheel paint was custom color matched and patina finished to match the bike. New double butted stainless spokes were added. It has the correct Musselman Airflo hubs both front and rear. Tires are Allstates in good condition. Seat has new leather cover with Elgin stamp. Handlebars are original Torringtons. Alien headlight and taillight both are in working order. Rear reflector is a NOS piece. Horn (which was missing) was replaced with an aftermarket unit. It was patina pinstriped to match the original striping. The orange stripe on the fenders is original. Somewhere in it's 78 year life someone cut notches in the tank as seen in last photo. The only thing I could think of was to add a shifter. Who knows? This is a nice solid bike ready to go on and live another 78 years. Asking $1250 . Possibly might be interested in a full or partial trade trade for a Schwinn. You can PM me with any questions or reach me at (678)414-9011. Bike is located in Monroe (metro Atlanta) Ga. Shipping available at buyers expense. * Seat was replaced with one with correct wear tabs. ( See last photos)
DSCN5774.JPG

DSCN5775.JPG

DSCN5776.JPG

DSCN5779.JPG

DSCN5781.JPG

DSCN5782.JPG

Last edited:
Back