Reduced 1941 Elgin Deluxe $1250

These ads go away when you register for an account!

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 15, 2017
Monroe, Ga
After some consideration, I have decided to offer this bike for sale. It's a Murray built 1941 Elgin Deluxe. All paint is original with the exception of the wheels. Wheel paint was custom color matched and patina finished to match the bike. New double butted stainless spokes were added. It has the correct Musselman Airflo hubs both front and rear. Tires are Allstates in good condition. Seat has new leather cover with Elgin stamp. Handlebars are original Torringtons. Alien headlight and taillight both are in working order. Rear reflector is a NOS piece. Horn (which was missing) was replaced with an aftermarket unit. It was patina pinstriped to match the original striping. The orange stripe on the fenders is original. Somewhere in it's 78 year life someone cut notches in the tank as seen in last photo. The only thing I could think of was to add a shifter. Who knows? This is a nice solid bike ready to go on and live another 78 years. Asking $1250 . Possibly might be interested in a full or partial trade trade for a Schwinn. You can PM me with any questions or reach me at (678)414-9011. Bike is located in Monroe (metro Atlanta) Ga. Shipping available at buyers expense. * Seat was replaced with one with correct wear tabs. ( See last photos)
DSCN5774.JPG

DSCN5775.JPG

DSCN5776.JPG

DSCN5779.JPG

DSCN5781.JPG

DSCN5782.JPG

Last edited:

TieDye

I live for the CABE
Aug 24, 2015
Henderson, MI, United States
After some consideration, I have decided to offer this bike for sale. It's a Murray built 1941 Elgin Deluxe. All paint is original with the exception of the wheels. Wheel paint was custom color matched and patina finished to match the bike. New double butted stainless spokes were added. It has the correct Musselman Airflo hubs both front and rear. Tires are Allstates in good condition. Seat has new leather cover with Elgin stamp. Handlebars are original Torringtons. Alien headlight and taillight both are in working order. Rear reflector is a NOS piece. Horn (which was missing) was replaced with an aftermarket unit. It was patina pinstriped to match the original striping. The orange stripe on the fenders is original. Somewhere in it's 78 year life someone cut notches in the tank as seen in last photo. The only thing I could think of was to add a shifter. Who knows? This is a nice solid bike ready to go on and live another 78 years. Asking $1450 or reasonable offer. Possibly might be interested in a full or partial trade trade for a Schwinn. You can PM me with any questions or reach me at (678)414-9011. Bike is located in Monroe (metro Atlanta) Ga. Shipping available at buyers expense.View attachment 1072756

View attachment 1072757

View attachment 1072758

View attachment 1072759
Just a thought, but could those notches be from a hanging tank type bracket? Maybe someone was trying to use the tank on another bike? Either way, it wasn't a smart modification.

Sayitsimple

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 4, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Thank another Caber for those notches which he never disclosed when selling the bike. I looked at it when he was selling but I did not buy because I couldn't get a straight answer or good pics of what I wanted to see. Now I know not to buy from him. He has bikes for sale now on the Cabe

frankandpam

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 21, 2016
Tacoma Wa
O.k. Here's my thoughts on the bike, just because nobody asked me for them. In the world of "it is what it is", I don't think those notches do anything other then add character marks to a really cool and unique Elgin. Provides provnance for down the road.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
I saw it too. Many times the pics make a bike look better than it is but in this case I can say the pics may not do this one justice. The bike presents very nicely and at a ride you're likely not going to bump into another one! A nice, fairly scarce bike, at a good price. GLWTS V/r Shawn

Nashman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
Trick or treat it can't be beat!!! Nice looking and unusual. Classic Elgin lines. Eye ( a treat) candy for sure. GLWTS.

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture