When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1941 Elgin Deluxe $1250

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
After some consideration, I have decided to offer this bike for sale. It's a Murray built 1941 Elgin Deluxe. All paint is original with the exception of the wheels. Wheel paint was custom color matched and patina finished to match the bike. New double butted stainless spokes were added. It has the correct Musselman Airflo hubs both front and rear. Tires are Allstates in good condition. Seat has new leather cover with Elgin stamp. Handlebars are original Torringtons. Alien headlight and taillight both are in working order. Rear reflector is a NOS piece. Horn (which was missing) was replaced with an aftermarket unit. It was patina pinstriped to match the original striping. The orange stripe on the fenders is original. Somewhere in it's 78 year life someone cut notches in the tank as seen in last photo. The only thing I could think of was to add a shifter. Who knows? This is a nice solid bike ready to go on and live another 78 years. Asking $1450 or reasonable offer. Possibly might be interested in a full or partial trade trade for a Schwinn. You can PM me with any questions or reach me at (678)414-9011. Bike is located in Monroe (metro Atlanta) Ga. Shipping available at buyers expense.View attachment 1072756

View attachment 1072757

View attachment 1072758

View attachment 1072759
Just a thought, but could those notches be from a hanging tank type bracket? Maybe someone was trying to use the tank on another bike? Either way, it wasn't a smart modification.

Thank another Caber for those notches which he never disclosed when selling the bike. I looked at it when he was selling but I did not buy because I couldn't get a straight answer or good pics of what I wanted to see. Now I know not to buy from him. He has bikes for sale now on the Cabe

I saw it too. Many times the pics make a bike look better than it is but in this case I can say the pics may not do this one justice. The bike presents very nicely and at a ride you're likely not going to bump into another one! A nice, fairly scarce bike, at a good price. GLWTS V/r Shawn

Trick or treat it can't be beat!!! Nice looking and unusual. Classic Elgin lines. Eye ( a treat) candy for sure. GLWTS. It's so nice, been improved upon, SUPER price, should sell. I've bought too many this year!! Ha!!

That said, for a ( the original seller) seller NOT to divulge in pictures or description those cut outs in the tank is just WRONG, sneaky, and they should get hives, AND be identified in a PM. Then we can at the very least be wary of this individual and ask for DNA samples of anything they sell and an opinion of a 3rd party ( at $25.00 hr. to be paid by the seller), and an Electron microscope set of pictures on every square inch of what they sell. Just my 2 cents.

PM sent.................. Dec. 1,2019. Bid on or make offers please, deal is not inked ( old school with pen) Ha!!

Last edited:
Back