When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Huffman Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ADVHOG

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello...I'm Chris and I'm trying to piece together a '41(?) Huffman bike. You are all free to input whatever you wish to my thread.

I aquired the frame, forks, chainring and crank from @Cowboy in NC and already had a nice wartime wheelset from @rusty.kirkpatrick and along with a few other parts from the bins, it looked like this...
full.jpg

I don't remember where the seat came from but it's staying. The bars, not so much. Way too shiny.

I got some fenders that fit and were painted TAN. I got most of the Tan off and it looked like this..
full.jpg

I know it's OG paint but the blue isn't doing it for me. The red torpedo definitely has to go. I'm thinking either spray flat black primer and call it good or primer and OD Green?

I found some patina'd bars and pedals and now it looks like this...
full.jpg

What do you think I should do with the fenders? I'm definitely gonna have to paint...

@Krakatoa

Decide what you're going for first. I'd try to figure out if and what possible models it could have been. Then check if the original parts are more interesting or different than what you have. I also like the idea of basing the choice of equipment around a special badge maybe that could have been on the bike if it's lost too many parts to determine. I like what you are doing and it's a little hard to put it into words. Sort of like a look and feel of the era comes out through the blackout parts.

Back