When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1941 Huffman with Gliding Ride springer fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$525 obo
Zipcode

stezell

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
1941 Airflyte badged Huffman with the gliding ride fork, ND wheels, Troxel seat, original paint, everything is how I got it except I changed out the chainring from Wald 1/2" pitch to a newer Huffy. I know it would have been 1" pitch wheelset and chainring originally, I've also included pictures of the underside of the fenders which is a different shade of red, there's also an old repair made to the rear triangle opposite side of the chain drive picture included. A very good rider as is or if you want switch back to 1" pitch I'll even include a Huffman chainring if you wish, tires need to be replaced, everything has been cleaned and greased. Asking $525 plus shipping to the lower 48 from Clarksville, TN 37042, if you have any questions or need more pictures please let me know, I believe the asking price is well worth the parts alone and I guarantee you won't come across another on your next ride.

Thanks for looking,
Sean
20200609_192219.jpg

20200609_192249.jpg

20200609_192503.jpg

20200609_192542.jpg

20200609_192155.jpg

20200609_192148.jpg

20200609_185138.jpg

20200609_185150.jpg

20200609_185159.jpg

20200609_192055.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Sean,

What an interesting bike. Thanks for showing such good pictures.

I would love to know the date numbers off the back of the fork head from you or the new owner if they are willing to share.

The frame number is just after those known so far for the first batch of Huffman G519 military bikes. Most of those had a curved lower bar, like this bike, and are fork codes 12 to 32 (January to March 1942).

The dark red colour is pretty typical of wartime produced bikes, so I'm wondering if the repainted mudguards were the other coloour red when made, but repainted to match the new wartime requirements when this bike was made? Just an idea.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Sean,

What an interesting bike. Thanks for showing such good pictures.

I would love to know the date numbers off the back of the fork head from you or the new owner if they are willing to share.

The frame number is just after those known so far for the first batch of Huffman G519 military bikes. Most of those had a curved lower bar, like this bike, and are fork codes 12 to 32 (January to March 1942).

The dark red colour is pretty typical of wartime produced bikes, so I'm wondering if the repainted mudguards were the other coloour red when made, but repainted to match the new wartime requirements when this bike was made? Just an idea.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Will do Adrian, very cool information. I'll try to get the number for you this evening.

Thank you,
Sean

Well Adrian the only number I can make out is a 0 from the way it looks. Attached are 2 close up pictures.

Thanks,
Sean
20200611_184909.jpg

20200611_185214.jpg

Hi Sean,

thanks for taking the trouble to do that, and allowing me to discuss the bike on your 'for sale' post.

I must admit, I can't really see the 0 in the photos, it's probably easier to see it in real life. Huffman fork numbers are a bit variable in size anyway, so difficult to read.

1591969721474.png

Photo courtesy @ChadC
For comparison, here is a January 1942 fork on Huffman 51546.

As I said, a very interesting bike, and I wish you and the new owner the best.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I had one very similar in, but Western Flyer badge and not as clean with paint scheme. But with same deluxe ribbed chain guard. I think you are priced well on yours, I had a slight smaller asking price and again your paint is stronger with a cooler nameplate Airflyte. That fork rides nice from personal experience. Two favorite springer forks in the hobby are 1st gen CWC, Dayton glide, and than Rollfast 1939-40 era.
Cool bike!
IMG_7651.jpeg

IMG_7605.jpeg

1941 Airflyte badged Huffman with the gliding ride fork, ND wheels, Troxel seat, I have no idea about the paint, everything is how I got it except I changed out the chainring from Wald 1/2" pitch to a newer Huffy. I know it would have been 1" pitch wheelset and chainring originally, I've also included pictures of the underside of the fenders which is a different shade of red, there's also an old repair made to the rear triangle opposite side of the chain drive picture included. A very good rider as is or if you want switch back to 1" pitch I'll even include a Huffman chainring if you wish, tires need to be replaced, everything has been cleaned and greased. Asking $525 plus shipping to the lower 48 from Clarksville, TN 37042, if you have any questions or need more pictures please let me know, I believe the asking price is well worth the parts alone and I guarantee you won't come across another on your next ride.

Thanks for looking,
Sean
View attachment 1208913

View attachment 1208914

View attachment 1208904

View attachment 1208905

View attachment 1208915

View attachment 1208916

View attachment 1208917

View attachment 1208918

View attachment 1208919

View attachment 1208920

BTT with a price drop of $475 plus shipping to the lower 48. If anyone is interested we can work something out just message me. Thanks, Sean

Back