When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Huffman

-

dxtom

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Bikes, Bikes and more bikes 006.jpg

1941 Huffman found in the basement in a bike shop in Dayton.

Bikes, Bikes and more bikes 006.jpg

Wow

41 top flite boy this is a home run phew. Post more Picts ha

First Do No Harm!!
clean it up first and see what you have.
a damp rag and a can of spray furniture polish are always a good first choice. don't listen to those who recommend sandpaper or steel wool. clean and lube it and stop there. you will realize more profit potential letting the next guy decide what he wants to do. this one looks too nice and original to mess with at all. a little work and I'll bet it shines up to near as nice as mine did.

mine yesterday:

PC141386_zps97a30c21-1.jpg

1941 Huffman parts

uh-oh, Colonial Fenders... value just jumped upward!

Scott, I lucked out when I found this. I had no idea what it was. Next day, went to the bicycle museum in New Bremen and researched the bike. The front lens is missing and just wondering if you know if there are parts available (front lens). SO what are Colonial Fenders and why are they worth more?

Tom

Scott, I lucked out when I found this. I had no idea what it was. Next day, went to the bicycle museum in New Bremen and researched the bike. The front lens is missing and just wondering if you know if there are parts available (front lens). SO what are Colonial Fenders and why are they worth more?

Tom

new lenses are available, but I'd hold out for an old one.
Colonial fenders are as you see on mine and yours 5 sided. they were only offered on Dayton level bikes. they are pretty rare, in original paint, on and original paint bike they're priceless.
when you get ready to start in on this bike let me know and I'll make available what info I and others have gathered. keep this bike and you've moved into the big time!

this is the Huffman ad, the Dayton will be outfitted a bit differently, but sadly no one has yet come up with the 1941 Dayton literature.
1941_Huffman1_zps3a797120-1.jpg

Back