When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Mercury Pacemaker Very Rare Fender light Found

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

npence

I live for the CABE
I bought this Mercury pacemaker over a year ago. when I got it I noticed there was a lot of Holes drilled in the front fender and thought that was strange because I have only seen them with the front load Torpedo Light or the Mercury, western flyer fender ornament. so I did some research and found this ad showing a train light on the front fender.
121235-1.jpg

so I got a Rollfast fender light and the guts of the light matched the holes exactly. I did see a girls bike with it on there and noticed it was different then the rollfast light but very similar. So I began the Hunt for this light by posting a want ad on this site and Scott the Owner of this site replayed saying this must be a Very Very Rare light because he never seen one before and never knew the Pacemaker came with a Light like this. I figured at that point it was going to be a Very Tough Piece to find. So This Past weekend went to a Local Collectors House and was digging threw some of his stuff routing threw draws and what not and Found My holy Grail of lights and Knew that was the one I needed that I thought I would never find and got even luckier that he sold it to me. So I brought it home and put it on the bike and found That it was in the same red primer state as the bike. so I called the guy I bought the bike from and asked him where He got the bike. He bought it from the same guy The other collector got a whole bunch of parts from several years ago and He didnt know that it took this special train light. so the bike and light have been separated for many years and this weekend found each other for the rest of there Life. Now Im on the hunt for the lens for this light.

013-15.gif

016-14.gif

015-17.gif

This is the only Boys Mercury I have seen with this Train Light so How rare are these things. If you have a merc with one on please post.

Awesome story Nate and killer score! I'd still love to have that bike!

Great story and even better bike, you do come up with some doozies..ride on.

Thanks guys, slick there was one time I thought about selling this bike but now i have the missing light I believe it will be a keeper for quit awhile.

Hopefully my dad and I will find time this year to restore this bike. I'm thinking about painting it red and white but that is still up in the air. What color do you guys think I should paint it. Thanks, Nate

Back