When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 roadmaster?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

flyingtaco

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently purchased a Roadmaster judging but what I have read I think it is 1941 serial number K21666.can anyone tell me if this is correct? I am looking for a couple of parts also

20180718_193532[1].jpg

I've been riding it around town and get people asking me if it is all original. wondering what all is original. all of the pics that I look at show a different chainguard and sprocket. did they make different styles for that year?

It is original. Depending on how they were badged they may have different chain rings and different guards were used for different models. V/r Shawn

thanks Shawn. do you think the pedals are original also? I talked to the lady that I bought this from. Her husband bought it brand new as a kid. she said she has known the bike almost as long and does not ever remember a tank. Do you think that it came without one?

thanks Shawn. do you think the pedals are original also? I talked to the lady that I bought this from. Her husband bought it brand new as a kid. she said she has known the bike almost as long and does not ever remember a tank. Do you think that it came without one?
I have a Hawthorne that has the same frame and fork and I would say your pedals are post war.
901E3895-FEDB-4EBC-813D-5953016AAEB2.jpeg

I'd need a better pic of the pedals to be for sure. No way to really tell unless you can see evidence such as a difference in paint color from fading where a tank may have been. V/r Shawn

Pretty sure those pedals aren't original and post war as Jon said. Looks like there's some paint loss on the top bars of the frame that could have been done by a tank.

Back