When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Roadmaster

-
The seat tube is still 19". "Tall" only refers to the nickname the hobby gave the tank that fits this frame because of the distance between the frame tubes. Like others have said you can do a lot better for $650.

Ah ok, thanks - how do you think the frame size compares to the middleweight 26" Schwinn frames? I think the bottom bracket is higher on these earlier frames which makes for a more cramped ride.

Sorry I have no experience with middleweight Schwinns.

I am also 6' and you can make a lot of bikes comfortable with the combination of bars and lucky 7 seat posts to give you more room.

I ride my bikes but suffer at times due to my preference of form over function. :cool:

Ah ok, thanks - how do you think the frame size compares to the middleweight 26" Schwinn frames? I think the bottom bracket is higher on these earlier frames which makes for a more cramped ride.

What saladshooter said.
The one in my avatar rides like an average bike.

When measuring seat tube height, are we going from the center of the BB to the very top?

What saladshooter said.
The one in my avatar rides like an average bike.

When measuring seat tube height, are we going from the center of the BB to the very top?
Center of bottom bracket to center of horizontal top tube. Or seat clamp for girl's frame.

Yeah I researched it and figured I had the wrong idea. From the center of the BB to the top is 19” on my bike

4DBBAEAE-C9BC-48C8-86E6-F82EFD85DF05.jpeg

The Tall Tank is pretty rare 1 year only frame style . The dropstand looks to be an early braced model , they are a little more valuable than a conventional dropstand , although it could be a drilled Colson stand , hard to tell from the picture. Value on the tall tanks is still being questioned as more people learn about them, but never as valuable as the earlier A models.
Because of this, I would pay more for it than your average Roadmaster

Back