When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn Autocycle B607-1

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I have pics posted in both "Project" and "Before and After" sections but here are the good light photos. I bought this bike back in 2015 and slowly gathered parts for it. I normally paint my own bikes but my dad ran out of bike projects this past year and offered to paint one for me. Being as he was a paint and body guy for over 50 years and the guy who taught me I figured I'd be ok. This is a late 1941 bike and came with the white painted braces. I know about 98% of the people that would have restored this bike would have went with cad plating but I wanted to stay true to the build and have something different. The first pic is of the bike as I picked it up in April 2015 on my way to MLC/AA. Enjoy the ride! V/r Shawn

I think the intent on the painted braces was to match the accent color, which in every original case I have seen is ivory. Since you went 2 tone (good call) and unless a known original example shows up to prove otherwise, I would consider a redo on the fender braces in tan or go cad. Just my opinion, the braces seem to clash.

I think the intent on the painted braces was to match the accent color, which in every original case I have seen is ivory. Since you went 2 tone (good call) and unless a known original example shows up to prove otherwise, I would consider a redo on the fender braces in tan or go cad. Just my opinion, the braces seem to clash.

I would tend to agree with that conclusion... Seems the painted braces always accented the Ivory secondary color. To this date
I haven't yet seen other color matched braces. easy to change over to Cadmium if desired ...
REGARDLESS! KICK @SS job and we seldom get to see restorations done at this level these days. NICE!
You killed it!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys I can always pull the braces and redo them--another project! V/r Shawn

Back