Sold 1941 Schwinn Autocycle - Restored

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

JGG

Look Ma, No Hands!
Feb 21, 2018
La Mesa, CA, USA
Excellent rider!! Very cool red and black paint. This is how i got it, not sure if or what is original. Looks like fenders, wheels, and tank have been repainted. It has a couple bumps and bruises but all in all this thing is great and is a real head turner while cruising the beach. It’s located in San Diego for $1200. No shipping unless you want to pay for a bike shop to break down and package. Thanks for looking!

Please PM with any questions.

EFE14E4A-436F-4180-93B9-789BCF7E7DD0.jpeg

B765CD77-EFB8-4B32-8433-FAFA4411E352.jpeg

FB1C61FD-236F-4936-9DD3-14E330298F67.jpeg

E773EC93-11A3-46B3-8643-D85EA8D09E15.jpeg

AEB89E6E-7CB6-4B71-9D7E-5DC34E9DC9CE.jpeg

90C0224E-4B6A-4AC7-8248-F7BF1A2F0555.jpeg

8828E13A-953C-41B2-BB00-83D5578743E8.jpeg

5B8F998F-0E3B-4E7C-ACEA-492A2162126D.jpeg

Last edited:

Nashman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
Cool bike. I'm not an expert, but it looks quite a bit like a Panther with a B6 or painted Phantom fender/light/perhaps forks, but a stunning paint and detail job. A head turner for sure. Not much of an "Autocycle" ( usually a cantilever frame?) but, again, I'm just a student in the hobby after 35+ years. I think I've forgotten all I've learned and fore learned all I've forgotten? GLWTS.

saladshooter

I live for the CABE
Nov 30, 2014
Littleton, CO
I know nothing about Schwinns cept that I've seen straight bar autocycles before.
Cool bike. I'm not an expert, but it looks quite a bit like a Panther with a B6 or painted Phantom fender/light/perhaps forks, but a stunning paint and detail job. A head turner for sure. Not much of an "Autocycle" ( usually a cantilever frame?) but, again, I'm just a student in the hobby after 35+ years. I think I've forgotten all I've learned and fore learned all I've forgotten? GLWTS.
CHAMPION.JPG

BFGforme

I live for the CABE
Nov 28, 2016
Oceanside CA
Definitely not a panther, not one part is panther! No pre-war panther! One year only badge size, only used on autocycle!

Reactions: Nashman and JGG

BFGforme

I live for the CABE
Nov 28, 2016
Oceanside CA
Couldn't find springer it came with so used locking strut fork! Super cool riding bike with rare size badge!!

Reactions: Nashman

1965ray@ live.com

On Training Wheels
May 30, 2019
Los Angeles ca
Wow long time no see my friend. That use to belong to me. I bought that bike a few years back in Visalia. I saw it in c/l and drove up and bought it. It’s seen a few changes since I owned it. Tank changed. Front fender. Rear reflector.But it was a very nice riding restored bike. I bought it to take a few parts I needed then sold it. Still looks good.

Nashman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
Definitely not a panther, not one part is panther! No pre-war panther! One year only badge size, only used on autocycle!
Cool. Lots to learn in my camp. But it's fun! Thanks!

Reactions: JGG

Nashman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
I have more than a few bikes in my collection that are not bone stock original, as in "have some parts that are not what they rolled off the factory floor with". Some have donor parts from the same model to upgrade or replace a damaged or missing part. To look at the bicycle, it is correct in looks and equipment. Sometimes a factory option is added for fun or ease of operation or convenience ( like a drum brake, 2 speed hub etc.) Even things like paperboy ducks, bell or horn on the handlebars.

Then I have a few TRUE "Frankenbikes" ( several manufacturer parts on it) that are rat bikes, creations, or custom. That's half the fun of the hobby to many of us. Not everyone can afford or wants a perfect nut and bolt original. I may have a few now ( unless bought from an honest 1st owner, you never really know), and owned a few.

I could write a book on "WHAT I DON'T KNOW" about bicycles. Especially Schwinns.... Ha!! It's all how the bike ( or anything?) is represented to onlookers or potential buyers. It's up to the observer or buyer to make a decision based on that. As mentioned, great looker. GLWTS.

Goatroper

Finally riding a big boys bike
Mar 21, 2017
Orange , United States
I owned that bike after you Ray , it was a great rider , one of the best I have had , the new owner(s) did a nice job taking care of her , they did some research , if correct its kind of a rare bike . . GLWS

Reactions: GeorgeK54 and JGG

Bikebones

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 14, 2019
Cordes az
Not an expert ....... but dont think it's a autocycle or panther or phantom, probably been parts taken, changed here and there... and yet a nice lookin ride....keith.

BFGforme

I live for the CABE
Nov 28, 2016
Oceanside CA
Not an expert ....... but dont think it's a autocycle or panther or phantom, probably been parts taken, changed here and there... and yet a nice lookin ride....keith.
It's a autocycle frame, do the research on the badge holes and only did one year for the autocycle in'41! According to the research I did, someone had faked a badge on and I chased down the correct Cadillac badge for it! It's a great bike however you want to call it!

5760rj

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sep 19, 2017
Excellent rider!! Very cool red and black paint. This is how i got it, not sure if or what is original. Looks like fenders, wheels, and tank have been repainted. It has a couple bumps and bruises but all in all this thing is great and is a real head turner while cruising the beach. It’s located in San Diego for $1200. No shipping unless you want to pay for a bike shop to break down and package. Thanks for looking!

Please PM with any questions.

View attachment 1055715

View attachment 1055716

View attachment 1055717

View attachment 1055718

View attachment 1055719

View attachment 1055720

View attachment 1055721

View attachment 1055722
nice ride, I live up the road from you, like to stop by and see in person

5760rj

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sep 19, 2017
nice ride, I live up the road from you, like to stop by and see in person
seeing where your at I'd like to call you, it's about a 20 minutes to get there, that is if it doesn't sell between now and then.....

Reactions: BFGforme
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture