When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1941 Schwinn Autocycle - Restored

-
Definitely not a panther, not one part is panther! No pre-war panther! One year only badge size, only used on autocycle!

I have more than a few bikes in my collection that are not bone stock original, as in "have some parts that are not what they rolled off the factory floor with". Some have donor parts from the same model to upgrade or replace a damaged or missing part. To look at the bicycle, it is correct in looks and equipment. Sometimes a factory option is added for fun or ease of operation or convenience ( like a drum brake, 2 speed hub etc.) Even things like paperboy ducks, bell or horn on the handlebars.

Then I have a few TRUE "Frankenbikes" ( several manufacturer parts on it) that are rat bikes, creations, or custom. That's half the fun of the hobby to many of us. Not everyone can afford or wants a perfect nut and bolt original. I may have a few now ( unless bought from an honest 1st owner, you never really know), and owned a few.

I could write a book on "WHAT I DON'T KNOW" about bicycles. Especially Schwinns.... Ha!! It's all how the bike ( or anything?) is represented to onlookers or potential buyers. It's up to the observer or buyer to make a decision based on that. As mentioned, great looker. GLWTS.

I owned that bike after you Ray , it was a great rider , one of the best I have had , the new owner(s) did a nice job taking care of her , they did some research , if correct its kind of a rare bike . . GLWS

5255B45D-DE9C-42DC-B926-348A869617BE.jpeg

DA8BD36A-7763-4F15-8B56-43C4A9658797.jpeg

Not an expert ....... but dont think it's a autocycle or panther or phantom, probably been parts taken, changed here and there... and yet a nice lookin ride....keith.
It's a autocycle frame, do the research on the badge holes and only did one year for the autocycle in'41! According to the research I did, someone had faked a badge on and I chased down the correct Cadillac badge for it! It's a great bike however you want to call it!

Excellent rider!! Very cool red and black paint. This is how i got it, not sure if or what is original. Looks like fenders, wheels, and tank have been repainted. It has a couple bumps and bruises but all in all this thing is great and is a real head turner while cruising the beach. It’s located in San Diego for $1200. No shipping unless you want to pay for a bike shop to break down and package. Thanks for looking!

Please PM with any questions.

View attachment 1055715

View attachment 1055716

View attachment 1055717

View attachment 1055718

View attachment 1055719

View attachment 1055720

View attachment 1055721

View attachment 1055722
nice ride, I live up the road from you, like to stop by and see in person

Back