When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced 1941 Schwinn Cadillac Straightbar Men's Tank Bike!!

-

David Larson

Look Ma, No Hands!
Up for sale is this beautifully preserved 1941 Schwinn "Cadillac" badged straight bar tank bike. This bike has been *entirely* gone through and it is ready for riding with the exception of the seat post clamp - it is slipping a bit and needs some TLC/replacement if you plan on riding this bike.

This is the only "Cadillac" script on a straightbar tank I've heard about or seen anywhere - and I've asked a number of people! The tank is very solid - it was rusty on the inside with a couple tiny pinholes in the bottom. Otherwise it is well survived. One of a kind bike!!

I received this bike from a fellow CABEr a few months ago, and the entire bike underwent disassembly, oxalic acid rust removal, detailing, and preservation in a thin coating of boiled linseed oil.
The paint is original, and it is the beautiful maroon and white color combo with the striking orange/rangoon red pinstripes.

Much of the chrome plating is gone on certain features like the handlebars and truss rods, but still remains in other areas with great patina.

This bike is equipped with a period-correct original Stewart Warner Clipper "Military Model" speedo. This speedometer is fully functioning! I disassembled the speedo and cleaned it internally. The cable has a repair on the base where I had to braze the sleeve back in place [shown in pic]. The fiber gear on the bottom is NOS.

This bike is extremely original down to the all the original fasteners.

I put on a set of original NOS Carlisle Lighting Dart all-black tires on this bike - a good match for the colors presented.

Headlight assembly and horn unit are present, but neither function and will need to be replaced if you want them to function - they were both fairly rusty.

The seat is an original Mesinger B1[?] DeLuxe saddle in great original condition.
Grips are original and correct.
Rims are original - most chrome is gone, but they are original! I lightly sandblasted the bead of the rims and painted them in rust preservative paint. There were no holes through the rims, but there was some heavy pitting around the valve stems. Structurally fine for light riding, but definitely need to be noted.

Headlight lens I believe is an original.

Pedals are correct originals.

Chain guard is rougher than the rest of the bike, but it is the original 1941-only chain guard!

Rear rack is missing sadly.

Locking fork functions properly and original Schwinn key is present.

New grease in all the bearings - everything rolls smoothly!

Updated Price: $1880 Shipped

NOTE: I will be traveling from North Dakota to Buffalo, NY later this week/next week, so if you are someone close on that route, I could potentially bring the bike to you. If you are off the route but still interested in delivery, we can discuss a little extra fee or whatever might work both of us.

Any questions or anything, just comment or message me. Thanks!

- David

DSC_2566.JPG

DSC_2569.JPG

DSC_2570.JPG

DSC_2571.JPG

DSC_2572.JPG

DSC_2573.JPG

DSC_2574.JPG

DSC_2575.JPG

DSC_2576.JPG

DSC_2577.JPG

DSC_2578.JPG

DSC_2579.JPG

DSC_2581.JPG

DSC_2583.JPG

DSC_2584.JPG

DSC_2585.JPG

DSC_2586.JPG

DSC_2588.JPG

Last edited:
Up for sale is this beautifully preserved 1941 Schwinn "Cadillac" badged straight bar tank bike. This bike has been *entirely* gone through and it is ready for riding with the exception of the seat post clamp - it is slipping a bit and needs some TLC/replacement if you plan on riding this bike.

This is the only "Cadillac" script on a straightbar tank I've heard about or seen anywhere - and I've asked a number of people! The tank is very solid - it was rusty on the inside with a couple tiny pinholes in the bottom. Otherwise it is well survived. One of a kind bike!!

I received this bike from a fellow CABEr a few months ago, and the entire bike underwent disassembly, oxalic acid rust removal, detailing, and preservation in a thin coating of boiled linseed oil.
The paint is original, and it is the beautiful maroon and white color combo with the striking orange/rangoon red pinstripes.

Much of the chrome plating is gone on certain features like the handlebars and truss rods, but still remains in other areas with great patina.

This bike is equipped with a period-correct original Stewart Warner Clipper "Military Model" speedo. This speedometer is fully functioning! I disassembled the speedo and cleaned it internally. The cable has a repair on the base where I had to braze the sleeve back in place [shown in pic]. The fiber gear on the bottom is NOS.

I put on a set of original NOS Carlisle Lighting Dart all-black tires on this bike - a good match for the colors presented.

Headlight assembly and horn unit are present, but neither function and will need to be replaced if you want them to function - they were both fairly rusty.

The seat is an original Mesinger B1[?] DeLuxe saddle in great original condition.
Rims are original - most chrome is gone, but they are original! I lightly sandblasted the bead of the rims and painted them in rust preservative paint. There were no holes through the rims, but there was some heavy pitting around the valve stems. Structurally fine for light riding, but definitely need to be noted.

Chain guard is rougher than the rest of the bike, but it is the original 1941-only chain guard!

Price: $2200 Shipped

NOTE: I will be traveling from North Dakota to Buffalo, NY later this week/next week, so if you are someone close on that route, I could potentially bring the bike to you. If you are off the route but still interested in delivery, we can discuss a little extra fee or whatever might work both of us.

- David

View attachment 752522

View attachment 752523

View attachment 752524

View attachment 752525

View attachment 752526

View attachment 752527

View attachment 752528

View attachment 752529

View attachment 752530

View attachment 752531

View attachment 752532

View attachment 752533

View attachment 752534

View attachment 752535

View attachment 752536

View attachment 752538

View attachment 752539

View attachment 752540

Price: $2200 Shipped

- David

View attachment 752522

View attachment 752523

View attachment 752524

View attachment 752525

View attachment 752526

View attachment 752527

View attachment 752528

View attachment 752529

View attachment 752530

View attachment 752531

View attachment 752532

View attachment 752533

View attachment 752534

View attachment 752535

View attachment 752536

View attachment 752538

View attachment 752539

View attachment 752540
Howdy, Would you mind if I used your photos in a book I'm writing? I would put your name in if you want, if not I won't. Thank you, Barry

Back