When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn Deluxe Autocycle project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I can see a few differences in the tank, but the frame and many other pieces are the same. there's a part of me that wants to build the deluxe just because everyone seems to think it somehow impossible. really after doing a few Huffmans how hard can a Schwinn be?
this has nothing to do with the value or quality of the bike, merely saying I have a couple Huffmans that are one of less than 10 known in any condition in the world. as hard as one of these tanks may be to find, they can't be as hard to find as a real Huffman Mesh chain guard, or a real Putter stem, they're just more expensive. I however don't plan on having that much into this build, when done it will look almost exactly like the real thing at a fraction of the price.
from the photo it looks like I would have to get a postwar tank, drill a couple holes, add a grommet for the wire, install the Delta switch, and enlarge the horn button hole. not too hard. I think I have a battery tray around somewhere. I have a couple friends with these bikes, I can probably get some detail photos.:D

It is true the tank could easily be converted. If I remember correctly (I got rid of that bike a long time ago so I might be wrong) the tank did not have a horn button hole and was set up to have a button on the handle bars?

Looking forward to your progress

you may be right there. this all may be moot if I go with the fender light, I'm not sure. more research is going to be required.

In 1940, when Schwinn first combined their newly minted fenderlight with their groundbreaking cantilever syle Autocycle.

They knew, that they had just built the most beautiful bike ever made.

That is why they just kept building them with minor refinements for the next several decades after that.

I have always said, to look at the World as if you had never seen it before, and only then can you appreciate the beauty that surrounds you.

If no one had ever seen a Schwinn B6 before, and one just suddenly popped up, it would be the most sought after prize of them all.

The problem is, that isn't the reality. They made a bazzilion of them and they are about as exciting as a blade of grass.

It's still the best bike ever made, in all catagories, just not one that's going to generate much excitement from the die hard classic bicycle collectors.

Go with a green B6, and you'll never be sorry.

Who knew?

The B-6 looks even better if you have movie star good looks and ride one.

That's what they tell me.

Ok, more parts for the project! not sure what will be usable and what's going to be junk but I bought this pile of parts:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=110809980741

the guy listed the bike before here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110752783909

$(KGrHqFHJDEE7yz-!e,bBPCb2cTztw~~60_12.jpg
$(KGrHqJHJCIE7y8Wf,coBPCb2Qumu!~~60_3.jpg
$(KGrHqN,!lkE8HPTf!mIBPCMO91-L!~~60_12.jpg
$(KGrHqRHJDoE7zQ!mKMhBPCb1)yVjQ~~60_3.jpg
$(KGrHqV,!l8E7DPKSL7)BPCMP7I!Kw~~60_12.jpg
$(KGrHqV,!mEE69kMSNzJBPCMOgifoQ~~60_12.jpg
$(KGrHqZHJDIE7zJJ9I2SBPCMOFfwhw~~60_12.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!hoE7k-wPS3mBPCMPibbzg~~60_12.jpg

I inquired about the kickstand wanted to see if it was a jiffy stand and he added extra pics to the auction. No such luck. I'm not sure if there are any doner parts approriate for your project except maybe the rear hub and spokes.

Back