When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn Henderson-badged straightbar

-

VintageSchwinn.com

I live for the CABE
New to me, original paint 1941 Schwinn straightbar Autocycle. Just got it detailed and assembled and on the road.

bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg

bt3.jpg

bt4.jpg

bt5.jpg

bt6.jpg

bt7.jpg

bt8.jpg

bt9.jpg

bt10.jpg

That looks fantastic, Aaron.
I just got my 1940 Henderson serviced up and out on the road.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Most people will scratch their heads when they see the name Henderson on these bikes.
But a quick Google search of Schwinn/Henderson brothers, will clarify the importance that name had on Arnold Schwinn & Company.

Last edited:
Nice & Nice .. thanks for sharing .. Sorry I couldn't join you Marty on the shake down ride yesterday ... How did she feel along the strand ...

I had installed a 22 tooth cog, for the extra ease of pedaling, but didn't like what that did to the axle engagement with the dropout, so I went back to the original 20 tooth cog, and it cruised just fine.
image.jpeg

The symbolism on the Henderson headbadge is a bit confusing, because it has a whirling propeller?
We all know that the Henderson was a brand of four cylinder motorcycles that were built by the Henderson brothers and Arnold Schwinn & Company.
How many of you remember the old Heathkit radios?
I know, I'm showing my age. Lol!
Well, the original Heathkit, was for a home built airplane, that used a Henderson four cylinder engine for the power plant.
Hence, the whirling propeller on the headbadge.

Back