When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 schwinn liberty super deluxe autocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Aloha, Bruce!
Yes, that little tube that is attached to the underside of the downtube on your 41 BFG Streamliner, is for the little rubber fork bumper stops.
If you have an Ace/Crown Hardware store in your area, check their Hillman fasteners supply, for rubber stops and bumpers.
They have a suitable replacement bumper that fits that bumper tube pretty well.
The original was a cylindrical shape with a cap type head on it, which unfortunately isn’t made any more.
The type that Ace/Crown sells, is more of the type meant to be pulled through a hole in a piece of sheet metal.
So not completely ideal, but once installed, they look the part, and serve the same purpose as the original intent.
I’ve shaped the part that presses into the tube with an Exacto knife just to improve the fit.
It would be beneficial for one of the grip/pedal block makers to reproduce these bumpers, but as far as I know, no one has.

Aloha--wow you guys are too much--I have been wondering about those things for at least 15 years--I mean not like it is keeping me up at night--but still........"you bruddahs are akamai to da max"--now I have a new project for next week--to all--mahalo nui loa--a hui hou

Aloha, Bruce!
Yes, that little tube that is attached to the underside of the downtube on your 41 BFG Streamliner, is for the little rubber fork bumper stops.
If you have an Ace/Crown Hardware store in your area, check their Hillman fasteners supply, for rubber stops and bumpers.
They have a suitable replacement bumper that fits that bumper tube pretty well.
The original was a cylindrical shape with a cap type head on it, which unfortunately isn’t made any more.
The type that Ace/Crown sells, is more of the type meant to be pulled through a hole in a piece of sheet metal.
So not completely ideal, but once installed, they look the part, and serve the same purpose as the original intent.
I’ve shaped the part that presses into the tube with an Exacto knife just to improve the fit.
It would be beneficial for one of the grip/pedal block makers to reproduce these bumpers, but as far as I know, no one has.
aloha Autocycleplane, Mekanixfix, GLWTS, and whoever else was kind enough to provide kokua--just want you guys to know that if you see the movie "MIDWAY" that got released in theaters last November, my 1941 BF GOODRICH STREAMLINER that I am referring to is in the movie--or at least they rented it from me along with a couple of others--have not actually seen the movie-waiting for release on HBO so I can slow motion frame by frame to see if it is in there--if seen at all--maybe half a second have to wait and see---a hui hou

Aloha one and all--recently I had the great good fortune to "share and care" with Marty regarding the status of my 41 Schwinn Liberty super deluxe autocycle, and after some in depth soul searching, Marty made a few suggestions: First, that I should keep the 41 here in Hawaii, and secondly, and for those of you, who know Marty, you may find this SHOCKING!!!!!!---but Marty suggested that I actually ride the 41 under the blue skies and warm sunshine of Hawaii--and after great deliberation, which lasted between .25 and .5 milliseconds, I agreed, completely, with his position--so as of now, the 41 is off the market--will keep you posted as I ride the 41 on the back ways and byways of Hawai'i nei--a hui hou--Bruce

Back