When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 schwinn liberty super deluxe autocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B744AE2E-7343-4EE6-A370-97AD24561C58.jpeg

Here’s a neat nostalgic picture of Eki’s in Honolulu.
Schwinn Country!
I love it!
Nostalgic Daves site has a nice bio on this bike.
It is really spectacular!

Last edited:
Hello could you please tell me what letter the serial number starts with? Thanks, Shawn

Bruce ! Long Time! Happy New Year! Schwinn spirit on Oahu! Love it!
Howzit Bob--been a while since we talked story--hey did you catch any tv footage from JAWS this year---it was massive---was hoping for the EDDIE but no luck, and finally did you see Kelly get the '10" at the pipe--score one for us old guys--a hui hou--Bruce

I was talking story with Bruce about this bike, and as near as he could tell, the serial numbers alphabet prefix is the letter G.
393B5867-298C-47BB-BF96-DFD8B059C129.jpeg

31DEFCD1-13BE-4176-B1B0-C3987D372AC9.jpeg

The G serial number sequence, and the Chicago Cycle Supply, Liberty badge somewhat explains the early style spring fork and not having the fork bumper.
Bruce got the bike from Drew Rollins, who had Nostalgic Dave Stromberger do the restoration.
Drew got the bike from the original owners family.
It was still in as found condition, and a complete bike.
It was given as a graduation present in 1941.

Any questions about this bikes provenance can probably be best answered by @Dave Stromberger

Never did get a serial number?
aloha bikeway--sorry for the delay---God forbid Schwinn would put the serial number where it was easy to read--took photos while holding flashlight while lying on my back--which was a whole nother' nightmare --it looks to me as "G 68045"--have more photos if needed--please tell me there was some rhyme or reason as to why this is important--hoping you do not need a Captain Midnight Secret Code-A-Graph ring to decipher its meaning --would appreciate any kokua you could provide regarding this info--or from anyone else--mahalo and a hui hou

Back