When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn Super Deluxe AC Question

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I always thought that a true '41 SD AC had the fork bumpers. The blue one pictured is a restored bike and does not have the fork bumpers so my question is did this start as a true SD or a lower level model? @bobcycles @markivpedalpusher @aasmitty757 @cyclingday Thanks, Shawn

That is a good question/observation.
@Dave Stromberger did the restoration on the blue bike.
Maybe he knows of its provenance?
It also has the early type spring fork, which if originally paired together, might explain that anomaly?

THERE ARE OTHER THINGS WRONG BESIDES THE FRAME IF YOU ARE BUILDING A PERIOD CORRECT 1941 SUPER DELUXE.....BUT A NICE RESTORATION !!!!!

I bought my bike from Bob a couple of years back. It is an older restoration from the 80's. I believe Bob indicated the resto was "more than likely" done on a complete bike, not just a bunch of parts put together. Not sure how he came to that concusion though. It doesn't have the bumper.

20200122_084514.jpg

show stopping at its best... but yeah thought the bumper was standard issue too...maybe its a 1940 frame?

Back