When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Schwinn Tall Model C

-
Shipping
Actual cost
Zipcode

dasberger

I live for the CABE
I've enjoyed this bike the last couple of years but the time has come to pass it along. It's a '41 Excelsior badged Tall (20") C model. The bike was used by the main character in the film "The Neon Bible" which was filmed in Georgia.

I bought it from the prop director who said he purchased it from Cali for the film in the '90's and it sat in his basement ever since the film wrapped. The bike is a "custom" in the sense that the paint has been reimagined and it's a parts bike. I do believe there is a good amount of original paint under the overspray but I declined to see what's there as I like the paint. Appears to be originally maroon under the Schwinn decal.

I have built it up in a couple of configurations for my cruising enjoyment but because of the movie connection I'm going to sell as found.

Can deliver to Big Pete's New Georgia Swap this weekend Shipping will be actual cost plus $50 packing

Here is the bike as found. For some reason the pics make the down tube look funky but it's not

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

View recent photos 2.png

When I bought the bike I built up a new set of wheels for it so the originals will need to be serviced. They're a nice set of drop centers with added maroon pins. Broken spoke or two and hubs will need to be serviced. I went though the rest of the bike and added a correct Schwinn script headset from Bob U. I thought the brass nut that was on it looked better with the badge and brass nuts on truss rods so thats how it will go. Has an AS & CO 41 crank, nice sweetheart sprocket, Torrington 8's, repop oval Schwinn chubbies, truss fork with nice truss rods, rack and drop stand. I also rebuilt the BB with nice Schwinn parts. And of course the basket... for all your lotion needs.... Looks like a modern Wald.

I recovered the seat that was on it... not perfect but it's a great rider. Can be seen here post #70

If you search '41 Excelsior there are plenty of pics and posts about the bike. Here are a couple more pics... Questions? Need more pics? Just ask! Thanks for looking and happy bidding!!

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_3106.PNG
IMG_3073.jpg
IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

Last edited:
Just to clarify.... Bike is being sold as it was when I purchased it. Fenders, rack, basket and wheel set (unserviced) that were on it are included. Black velocity wheel set not included

Back