When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1941 Seminole Custom Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
L
These are especially pretty bikes.
Very desirable all original paint and graphic detail 1941 model E64 Custom Deluxe Westfield Seminole badged 18" frame.

Solid tank with a Delta horn and the rare Persons Reflecto light on the front fender.
It has the Westfield designed instrument panel with clock and speedometer. The bike is in very nice original condition overall, except for some internal battery acid damage to the headlight.

The exterior of the light is in good shape with minimal evidence of the acid damage.
The underside of the instrument panel had some previous owner modification where the speedometer mounts see picture. Not sure why, because all the components appear to be original. This isn't noticeable when the bike is assembled, so isn't much of an issue.

New Departure rear hub and non-script front hub. Very nice matching wheel set with reproduction whitewall chain tread tires. Nice skiptooth chain and original Torrington 8 pedals. Very nice Original Delta Defender light. Both the horn and defender light are un-tested. Nice original Persons saddle. Columbia script grips and cross brace handlebars.

I’ve ridden this bike on the Hurricane Coaster ride as well as other rides and it is a smooth rider. I would prefer not to ship at this time but will deliver free to Commerce, GA swap meet Mar 3, Get-A-Grip Mar 24 in Cleveland, Tn (near Chattanooga), or MLC/AA as long as prepaid. Asking $2200 OBO. Thanks, Shawn

View attachment 748280 View attachment 748281 View attachment 748282 View attachment 748283 View attachment 748285 View attachment 748286 View attachment 748287 View attachment 748288 View attachment 748289 View attachment 748290 View attachment 748291 View attachment 748292 View attachment 748293 View attachment 748294 View attachment 748295 View attachment 748296 View attachment 748297 View attachment 748298 View attachment 748299
AMAZING CONDITION

Ok so I spent some time with this bike tonight to see what wasn't working and fix what I could. I didn't mess with the headlight and as you can see by the pics and previous description it had batteries left in it at some time. The switch is froze so I don't hold much hope for it although you could always try Evaporust and hope for the best.

So I have been doing a lot of research on these and now know why the bottom of the dash was modified. The original speedo for these is a yellow face Waltham that evidently has a cable in the middle of the back and not offset like the Clipper is. I haven't taken the speedo out but this appears to be an original yellow faced Clipper and not a repo. Unfortunately the speedo seems to be locked up--the cable is good.

Now for the good. The clock works and appears to be keeping decent time! This is rare for these original clocks. It does have a screw instead of the key to wind but you could either fabricate something or maybe rob an old alarm clock of its key. After about 20 minutes of cleaning contacts and adjusting the horn it now works. Lastly the Delta Defender is probably the cleanest original I've ever seen. Inside is like brand new and it lit right up no problem.

So that's full disclosure on the bike. After many back and forths with Ken Kowal (Mr. Columbia) we are in agreement that this is a '41 model (by serial number) which has many '40 parts on it. So technically this is a F64T Custom Deluxe.

The only reason I'm selling this is to make room for an even more impressive prewar Columbia. This is a lot of bike for the money and a great rider. Willing to ship or deliver. Thanks, Shawn

DSC_0833.JPG
DSC_0832.JPG

I can bring this bike to Get-A-Grip this weekend and make someone a heck of a deal. V/r Shawn

I can load this one up for MLC/AA. Great badge, great bike. Offers? V/r Shawn

$1750 prepaid delivered to MLC. I'm not shipping and this is my best price on this bike. Thanks, Shawn

Back