When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Snyder Built Hawthorne Project for one of my wife's girlfriends.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

strobachyzoo

On Training Wheels
A friend of my wife mentioned that her grandfather gave her an old bike out of his garage but couldn't afford to have it repaired at the local bike shop... Sucker that I am I said to bring it over and I'd take a look at it...

It arrived as a pile of parts someone disassembled some time back, of course some parts were missing like the seat, chain guard, screws, etc...
IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0939.jpg
IMG_0942.jpg
IMG_0944.jpg

But it looked like it had plenty of potential, so I started to remove the paint job someone did over the rust god knows how long ago, removed the rust, and procured the missing parts. Then started the repaint with Ford Tractor Blue (very close to the original color).
IMG_1048.jpg

I'll post some assembled pictures as soon as I get them uploaded.

Thanks,
Kurt

Beautiful job!! I really like the blue rims. IMHO, some tasteful pinstriping would really seal the deal...

It looks ok in the picture but I am sure it would look better in my bike collection! Great job and I am sure your wife's friend is in for a big surprise! Great that you done such a good deed!

What's Next?

Nice job, what's next?:)

I've got a couple of bigger projects to finish off like the head gaskets on my 6.2L diesel pickup, and the transmission in my Buick Roadmaster. Then I'll try to find a nice easy to work on Bike for me to ride.:)

Thanks,
Kurt

Back