When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 through '49 California bicycle license, S.F Bay Area. Oakland, Berkeley, Hayward, San Jose, Pleasanton, ????

-

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
like the title says... Bay Area California License plates for my 49 B6 and my 46-7-8 DX and a few others ... might take a California plate from further away... what do you have?

Oakland, Berkeley, Hayward, San Jose , Pleasanton Livermore... the Bay Area was farmland back then... not a lot of big cities. my city didn't even exist in the 40's.

Last edited:

like the title says... Bay Area California License plates for my 49 B6 and my 46-7-8 DX and a few others ... might take a California plate from further away... what do you have?

Oakland, Berkeley, Hayward, San Jose , Pleasanton Livermore... the Bay Area was farmland back then... not a lot of big cities. my city didn't even exist in the 40's.
What your city? I can check if I have your plate.

I'm hoping to find a plate with a year and local city to match my bikes. I have a "1949 HMKBL" plate and a 1965 "Centerville" plate, but probably Ohio. Centerville was one of the cities that became Fremont. I don't have any extra.

Back