When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Westfield Columbia Bike in my attic

-

Rockman53

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone. I am new here. I just found this thread so I thought I would write and say hello. I have a 1941 Westfield Columbia in my attic and don't know what to do with it. The bike belonged to my uncle and he died in the service in 1944 in Germany. My grandmother wouldn't part with it so it was placed in the attic and it stayed there. I now own the house and I am 67 and I think it's time to figure out what I should do with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Rocco
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg

Welcome to the CABE.
Super neat bike!
You probably already have messages offering you various amounts of money.;)
It's really neat that there's family history to go with it.
It would be even Cooler if someone in the family, loved the Old Bike and wanted to become care-taker.
I have a 1937 Syracuse, by Westfield that I absolutely love.
That Westfield will make somebody very happy to enjoy.

Welcome!
That bike is part of the family, it would be difficult for me to part with something like that. Blue is beautiful and that bike looks to be in super shape. I would service it and enjoy it as much as possible! You are still young and biking is so much fun! Do it while you still can and the knowledgeable people here will help you along the way

Great history, don't rush in to selling, sense tires & labor/cleaning are cheap, clean carefully & service and ride, your grandmother would have wanted you to enjoy it!:cool:, oh ya, that's my favorite Westfield Tank!

The double struck serial number, 4 over 3 is a nice touch also.

Not the first one I've seen, and occasionally they're upside down too (-:

I've also seen W used as M in some Westfield S/N, but that was quite deliberate, presumably because there was no M available.

You can see how annoyed he was from how bent the bb is from the second blow.

Not the first one I've seen, and occasionally they're upside down too (-:

I've also seen W used as M in some Westfield S/N, but that was quite deliberate, presumably because there was no M available.

You can see how annoyed he was from how bent the bb is from the second blow.

Maybe a Monday or Friday stamping:astonished:, still trying to figure my 50's that starts with a V that I don't seen in any Westfield/Columbia lists?

Back