When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Army Columbia at Copake

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Did anyone here notice this bike at the Copake auction last week? Despite what the brass plaque says there is a lot of 50's parts. I've never seen a frame this style in Columbia's lineup. Anyone have thoughts on this? Is it a complete but older fake or something mislabeled as to date?

Correction; I should have titled this thread "Marine Columbia", not Army.

88110566.jpg

88110605.jpg

88110583.jpg

Totally NOT A 1942 Columbia nor a Marine bike from WW2. Worth about $25

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Isn't the Copake Auction House responsible for verifying the authenticity of their items? Seems like they would be complicit in the fraud if they don't at least add a disclaimer in the description that the authenticity has not been verified.

They did announce that some one mentioned the frame was probably a 50's Rollfast and the bike should have been called a "tribute" bike on the podium at the auction. However it sold to a phone bidder and was mislabeled in the catalog. I would be pissed to receive that in the mail. I forget the auction selling price. Sometimes it pays to be there in person

I would say definitely not a pre-war frame.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

The bike sold for over $500. Interestingly I was looking at the bike on the Copake website yesterday but the bike is gone from the site now.

Back