When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Columbia?

-
Hi @Schmity03

Thanks for looking. The stamping is normally as deep as the serial, and the same size. Photo 3 on post 7 shows an example. There can be some variation in position, see the L1 stamped in photos 2-4 of post 1. But normally, they are above the number.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @Schmity03

Thanks for letting me know, I can use the information to improve dating for other people. (-:

J2 means the frame was made in February 1942.

Have a Good Week,

Best Regards,

Adrian

View attachment 1301410
I use this for Columbia bikes. No One here has said it's incorrect & since I don't know a whole lot; other than rear facing slots & drop stand ears usually mean prewar. I'd say that seems right for '42. As far as what's correct I can't say but I bet those truss rods shouldn't be blue. Maybe this bump & the experts chime in
That's funny, that's my buddies bike shop CBS, he's also a member on here under Cardiff Bike Shop! Never saw that before!!

That's funny, that's my buddies bike shop CBS, he's also a member on here under Cardiff Bike Shop! Never saw that before!!
That was the only definitive Columbia dating I could find (even looking around here) when I bought a cheap '50s 3/5 star tank project rider. Just glad it seems to work at least for me as I don't know no where near as much as some of y'all do to even guesstimate maker & year etc.

Hi @Schmity03

Thanks for letting me know, I can use the information to improve dating for other people. (-:

J2 means the frame was made in February 1942.

Have a Good Week,

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank for all the great information
I have one more question did those year have a tank or rack
Have a great holiday
Mike

Back