When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Columbia?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi @Schmity03

Thanks for looking. The stamping is normally as deep as the serial, and the same size. Photo 3 on post 7 shows an example. There can be some variation in position, see the L1 stamped in photos 2-4 of post 1. But normally, they are above the number.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @Schmity03

Thanks for letting me know, I can use the information to improve dating for other people. (-:

J2 means the frame was made in February 1942.

Have a Good Week,

Best Regards,

Adrian

View attachment 1301410
I use this for Columbia bikes. No One here has said it's incorrect & since I don't know a whole lot; other than rear facing slots & drop stand ears usually mean prewar. I'd say that seems right for '42. As far as what's correct I can't say but I bet those truss rods shouldn't be blue. Maybe this bump & the experts chime in
That's funny, that's my buddies bike shop CBS, he's also a member on here under Cardiff Bike Shop! Never saw that before!!

That's funny, that's my buddies bike shop CBS, he's also a member on here under Cardiff Bike Shop! Never saw that before!!
That was the only definitive Columbia dating I could find (even looking around here) when I bought a cheap '50s 3/5 star tank project rider. Just glad it seems to work at least for me as I don't know no where near as much as some of y'all do to even guesstimate maker & year etc.

Hi @Schmity03

Thanks for letting me know, I can use the information to improve dating for other people. (-:

J2 means the frame was made in February 1942.

Have a Good Week,

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank for all the great information
I have one more question did those year have a tank or rack
Have a great holiday
Mike

Back