When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 G519 Huffman Bike project

-

johan willaert

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here's my my latest project which is a 1942 Huffman US Army issue bike.

I purchased this off another member several months ago...

The original finish is still there and I intent to semi-restore this bike keeping as much of the original finish as possible, and replacing broken or missing parts wherever necessary... In the past few months I have gathered most of the parts to complete it, but I still lack a rear fender, reflector, chainguard and kickstand...

D5054641-1.jpg

D505467-1.jpg

Rear hub is correct Morrow type, marked M2
Rim is badly bent, but I have NOS spare rims to solve that...

D5054661-1.jpg

D5054651-1.jpg

Thanks! This will be a project for next winter and should be finished by June 2014 so I can take it to Normandy for the 70th D-Day Commemorations...

Oh wow! I just noticed your location! I'm shocked that any of the American military stuff is left there intact form that era. I hear stories of WWII tanks and planes being recovered but they are usually in very bad shape and the restorations really take my breathe away.

It must be very difficult to find ANY classic American bikes or parts there.

Yes, WW2 US Army bikes are extremely rare over here...

The Huffman above was bought from the US, but my Columbia MG came from a farm near the Hurtgen Wald on the German-Dutch border back in roughly 2000... So that one is a real combat veteran...
See also: http://www.theliberator.be/militarybicycles.htm

Parts on the loose are non-existent over here...

Cheers,

Johan

Back