When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 Military Columbia Bicycle ~ Finished Restoration. (pics)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Y

Yaquina143

I thought you all might like a look at my first restoration in about 25 years. I used to work on bikes when I was a kid but only recently got interested in classic bikes again. Since I do a great deal of WWII reenacting I thought the logical first restoration would be a period correct Military bicycle.

My impression in reenacting is that of a 165th Signal Photo Co. Combat Photographer, stationed with the 2nd Ranger Bn. "Daisy", the name I gave to this girl, will be my transportation around reenactments and will make it easier to take some pictures. I am currently researching a rear rack that would be accurate for this bike so that I can carry my camera box.

I think she turned out quite well and yes, the headlamp works!

daisy001JPG-1.jpg

daisy003JPG-1.jpg

daisy005JPG-1.jpg

daisy006JPG-1.jpg

I just bought a Columbia frame and was searching for some ideas. I bumped into this post. I liked it, and thought maybe someone else would like to look at it again.

I just found one of those today

It is missing the head badge, however it has a skiptooth sprocket and tank, in good shape. Tires are shot for sitting 30 + years. I have no pics yet. the delta lite is there but no lends. Oh and a rear rack.
mitch

I like this bike a lot. I've collected militaria for over 40 years and have always wanted an original WWII bike. Am looking if anyone knows of one.

Cheers,

Stony

Back