When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~ ~ ~ 1943 Huffman/Dayton Military Bike Found! ~ ~ ~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I went to go look at a group of old bikes the other day owned by a really cool guy and ended up buying four bikes. There was this particular multiple layered house painted very rough and well used Dayton badged bike in the group. I just couldn't leave it behind and surprised I was when I got it home and started to look at it more closely.

Here are some pictures of it as found:

DSCN7841.JPG

DSCN7842.JPG

DSCN7844.JPG

DSCN7845.JPG

DSCN7851.JPG

DSCN7883.JPG

Last edited:
And looking into the serial further I came upon this site:

http://www.bergerwerke.com/historyG519.html

JGHuffmanorig2.jpg

Even more surprising on one of the other bikes I bought were these Torrington bars with a khaki finish, and also this blackout Morrow rear coaster brake!

So I am thinking perhaps the former owner not knowing how these were all related 'migrated' some of the original parts?

In any case I am simply dumbfounded and super excited with this find!

DSCN7917.JPG

DSCN7918.JPG

DSCN7919.JPG

And looking into the serial further I came upon this site:

http://www.bergerwerke.com/historyG519.html

JGHuffmanorig2.jpg

Even more surprising on one of the other bikes I bought were these Torrington bars with a khaki finish, and also this blackout Morrow rear coaster brake!

So I am thinking perhaps the former owner not knowing how these were all related 'migrated' some of the original parts?

In any case I am simply dumbfounded and super excited with this find!

View attachment 447509

View attachment 447510

View attachment 447511
They call the finish Olive Drab. The original hubs likely were this color as well. Any of the wheels that you got have an Eclipse front barrel hub on it? If not go back and get it. You scored. Congrats!

Back