When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 Huffman military bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Some of the Military crowd have been wandering in and admiring it too. (-: There's a lot to admire, including your reasons for keeping and preserving the bike.

If it were mine, I'd look to keeping it yellow, simply because I have several green military bikes, and there is the thought that original in-service paint schemes should be retained. Though I appreciate that it is difficult to know if the yellow paint is from its military service, it wouldn't surprise me, especially on a flightline.

Personally, on a wet weekend years ago when learning to fly gliders with the Royal Air Force, I and my colleagues spent the time painting flight line green landrovers yellow. When we tried to get the paint from the vehicle stores, they told us to go to the local decorating shop, Texas Homecare, and buy Sweetcorn Yellow paint!

Best Regards,

Adrian

I would keep the yellow paint if it was as izee2 mentioned. One way to tell would be when you grandpa got the bike and if it was yellow when he got it. I would guess they were painted yellow for safety on the flight line during the Vietnam war. I would even keep the rat trap pedals from the 60's or 70's on there, as they were probably installed while the bike was in service to the country.

If you have it restored, make sure they know exactly what you want and get everything listed on a estimate.

That bike is a piece of WW2 history and also may have seen service during Korea and Vietnam, depending on when your grandpa received it.

Back