When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 Schwinn Wartime New World - 23" large frame w/ lots of black out parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
As far as the Large Flange Hub, here's the catalog page from 1941...

1941_cc_008_009.jpg

I would think the Large Flange front is more common. Would be a nice touch with both of the large ones. Get to keep the calipers that way

I am curious about the line in the wartime ad, "Also Delta Roadliter Lamp availabe mounted on handlebar stem -- at additional cost." I looked up these lights and it looks like there are different versions. Some look like they mount to fenders. This one would be mounted to the bars. Anyone know the exact one discussed for the time period?

I am curious about the line in the wartime ad, "Also Delta Roadliter Lamp availabe mounted on handlebar stem -- at additional cost." I looked up these lights and it looks like there are different versions. Some look like they mount to fenders. This one would be mounted to the bars. Anyone know the exact one discussed for the time period?
I have never seen them mounted on fender. Fender is not the strongest and the fin is in the way. Usually on a bracket mounted to the handlebar pinch bolt on the neck

I was researching these and found some that are said to be "roadliter" and are mounted to the fender. Assumed to be around wartime (pre/post).

I saw these on ebay and the flat bottom made me think it mounts to the fender. This is the same style as above, but better images. Again, assumed to be 40s and not 50s like the style below.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=363259768314
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=363235379053

It could be that these are from a different time period but still a ROADLITER.
I did see this one that looks completely different but still called a roadliter and would attach to the stem. However, this one looks more from the 50s.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=303803235349

Last edited:
Those Firestones are 1941. Balloon wide fender. I have one and don't think it will mount on the fender. I have a New World and held it up. Fin is in the way. Maybe the stem mount is an old design that was used for decades

Considering the Traveler always had lights it stands to reason that Schwinn would have offered something for the New World. Somebody out there must have one, but I don't recall seeing one.

Considering the Traveler always had lights it stands to reason that Schwinn would have offered something for the New World. Somebody out there must have one, but I don't recall seeing one.
You would think. I have about 60 unique NW examples archived and I just looked through them and none have a light. That is why I was wondering about the Delta light that was said to be an add-on. You would think at least one example would turn up with an original light.

@Pedalsnostalgia said this on that other forum, "Delta manufactured two different RoadLiters: The original RoadLiter during the 1940's & 1950's (a white, teardrop shaped) and then a "new" RoadLiter (chromed,ball light) starting in the early 1960's." So that chrome ball one is too young for the NWs.

Last edited:
Back