When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1944 Columbia Sports Tourist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
Hi,
I could use your opinion please. I have the chance to buy a 1944 Columbia Sports Tourist.
I have to make the guy an offer.
I don't have any pictures I can post here, but it is in exceptional original unrestored condition.
It has all of the decals in good shape. It is maroon with black bars & hubs & the original persons saddle, super clean bike.
Any idea of value?
Thanks, Wayne

Hi,
I could use your opinion please. I have the chance to buy a 1944 Columbia Sports Tourist.
I have to make the guy an offer.
I don't have any pictures I can post here, but it is in exceptional original unrestored condition.
It has all of the decals in good shape. It is maroon with black bars & hubs & the original persons saddle, super clean bike.
Any idea of value?
Thanks, Wayne

I was this closeto laying out $500 (with shipping) for one. Came to my senses.

Lando

Lando...

Hi Lando,
If I could get the 44 Sports Tourist in exceptional shape for under $150.00, should I buy it?
It would be within driving distance, so no shipping. Please let me know.
Thanks, Wayne

I was this closeto laying out $500 (with shipping) for one. Came to my senses.

Lando

Was that the really, really nice blue one that was on here earlier this summer? Really nice bike. I looked at it too, but it seemed more a show piece than a rider, and one of the big points of the lightweights is that they can make really good riders.

$150 for exceptional war time bike equals exceptional deal & would be a fun rider so I would go for it.

How are the tires? 26x1.375 (599) is a hard size to find, it's easier to build a set of wheels in a modern size. That said, I have 3 of these skinny clunkers in my basement and have been riding one to work all summer (on a modern wheelset).

bike for sale

It's actually my bike for sale...glad to see there's some interest. Was asking $225 on cl, taking offers of all interested. The bike is in great shape, as stated by Wayne earlier. The tires do not hold air though. There was an ebay listing earlier this summer with the correct tube, so I know they're out there. Considering an ebay style listing as well. Highest bidder gets it! Not trying to be a jerk, but not giving the bike away either.

jason

The frame and rims were cleaned lightly and shined up beautifully. The emblems are in great shape, the flag is as handsome as ever. The hubs and handle bars are blacked out, as is common with War Time bicycles.

Back