When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1944 Dayton

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
New Photos

P1000919.gif

P1000914.gif

P1000915.gif

P1000911.gif

Last edited:
Excuse me sir, it appears from the photo that you are in violation of wartime blackout rules. Please remove the chrome bell before the enemy spots it...:D

Yeah I know about the bell, I should probably find a painted one. also I wanted to mention about the crank. notice in the photo that the crank is very rough and not polished like you would expect? I'm assuming it was this way since it wasn't going to be chromed. before I cleaned it up the paint was much thicker. I also didn't rebuild the wheels because they were in such decent shape and no one that I've heard has ever seen a civilian balloon tire war era bike most all you see are military or lightweights.I left the wheels so no one could say it was made up, and I got the hub off ebay and built me a war bike. this bike is fairly different from a military issue bike. first this bike was never O.D. green and all military bikes were delivered green and changed if needed (the navy painted theirs blue etc.), mine was red inside the head tube and bottom bracket so I went with red. the bike had been repainted blue when I got it. another difference is the military issue bikes have the year stamped under the serial on the bottom bracket, mine just has the serial number. I added the tank because I had it and liked it. the tank is also different from the earlier bikes in that it doesn't have the vents at the front. I suppose at a stretch it could be possible that the tank is about right if they changed the frame design and the tank at the same time. I have a rack and will probably add it though it may never have had one. if you have a wartime Huffman or Columbia I would love to see it. post photos here if you like.
Scott:cool:

Last edited:
Scott, I have also seen black chrome plated as well as painted bells of the period. Still a very cool bike- I would love to have it despite the shiney bell...LOL

Well, I finally got around to putting the rack on. I think it looks better. next is to pin stripe it. it has gotten a few scratches since then I may just pull it apart again and touch up the paint.
Scott:cool:
P1010466.gif

P1010468.gif

Last edited:
Back