Love the pictures! Looks like some extra welding around the chain stays, or possibly some kind of attempt to clean up the slag? I didn't realize Schwinn was stamping the drop out part numbers that early. shots!
Got a few dents taken care of. And the rear wheel drop outs are now fixed. Lost the number stamp on one side as it was too close to the damage, but a safe wheel mount area is more important to me. Especially since this will not be a full restoration project. More of a resto-mod. Correct paint scheme, but a prewar color combo and reverse scheme paint. Then add the Panther fenders to that mix. Should be a fun project when I get some time to paint it. Hoping to at least have some primer on it this week.
As is my usual m.o. I decided to change up on the fenders. I liked the idea of painted fenders more than the chrome Panther fenders.
A set of fenders was bought, and the rear was modified to fit the odd spacing of the early postwar frame. When I’m done you won’t be able to tell is was changed