When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945-46 Schwinn Dx

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is what I used. Since I’m just building a rider, I went with spray paint instead of automotive paint.

Frame is painted. Though I’m not 100% happy with it. The stencils didn’t work great, but it’s just a rider quality bike so I’ll live with it I guess.
After going through several paint schemes, I saw a Dx in red/black and really liked that look, so that is what I settled on. Forks have been painted black already, and the red striping will be done next week. Hoping to have time to get the fenders ready for primer and paint this coming week also

Last edited:
Frame is painted. Though I’m not 100% happy with it. The stencils didn’t work great, but it’s just a rider quality bike so I’ll live with it I guess.
After going through several paint schemes, I saw a Dx in red/black and really liked that look, so that is what I settled on. Forks have been painted black already, and the red striping will be done next week. Hoping to have time to get the fenders ready for primer and paint this coming week also
View attachment 1639746

View attachment 1639747

View attachment 1639748

View attachment 1639749
That's odd, it looks like all the stencils came out fine except one. But still, I doubt anybody will notice unless they're looking for nits to pick.

Close up pics reveal the bad, and that’s why no close up pics were shown. But here is one of the bad spots and my louse pin paint attempt at correcting it. That happened on 4 of the 6 sides in one way or another. Like I said, it’s a rider so it will be good enough for me

Close up pics reveal the bad, and that’s why no close up pics were shown. But here is one of the bad spots and my louse pin paint attempt at correcting it. That happened on 4 of the 6 sides in one way or another. Like I said, it’s a rider so it will be good enough for me

View attachment 1640446
You can probably rub that off, take some fine line masking tape to create that portion and reshoot it pretty easily. I like the color scheme. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1640446
You did a really good job on that frame man you should be proud!

Little side note hack i wanted to share:
On the B6 Im currently painting, I had a little booger happen where a d@mn board I was using to prop the frame up fell and nicked the underside of the downtube literally 30 minutes after the last coat. I waited until it was flashed and dry to the touch, scuffed the spot with red scotchbrite and reshot only that one area and it came out perfect. Cant even tell it happened.

I thought I found a good rear hub for the Dx. 1st quarter 1946 dated Morrow. Seemed to work ok, so I disassembled it for a good cleaning. Poor hub led a rough life.

Trying to stay positive. At least all the internal parts were dated P1 so they were original to the hub. And kind on cool it had a blackout dust cover on it too.
At least it will look good sitting in my Morrow hub cabinet as the cabinet has led a rough life too!

Back