When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945-46 Schwinn Dx

-
What's that badge say? Thank you. Barry
"American Standard, Columbus Cycle and Sporting Goods, Columbus Ohio"

IMG_4300.JPG

Got a few dents taken care of. And the rear wheel drop outs are now fixed. Lost the number stamp on one side as it was too close to the damage, but a safe wheel mount area is more important to me. Especially since this will not be a full restoration project. More of a resto-mod. Correct paint scheme, but a prewar color combo and reverse scheme paint. Then add the Panther fenders to that mix. Should be a fun project when I get some time to paint it. Hoping to at least have some primer on it this week.

Last edited:
Don't forget to spray that down with some metal prep, phosphoric acid, before the primer goes on. 😉

As is my usual m.o. I decided to change up on the fenders. I liked the idea of painted fenders more than the chrome Panther fenders.
A set of fenders was bought, and the rear was modified to fit the odd spacing of the early postwar frame. When I’m done you won’t be able to tell is was changed

What primer did you use? I like that oxide red shade, and it looks like it will sand easy.

Back