When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945-46 Schwinn Dx

-
A little trick I picked up from a pro painter some time ago. Once you make sure your marks are burnished down tight spray light coats of clear over them so any bleeding will be clear and not show, the clear acts as a seal too.
Not sure if this is your issue but maybe it will help someone out there?
Jeff you will forget the flaws (that mostly you see) especially when the wind is causing you eyes to water at speed.
Looks good from here, great color choice BTW.

Wheels are done. Didn’t take a pic of the front one though. Now to finish everything else!

As is my usual m.o. I decided to change up on the fenders. I liked the idea of painted fenders more than the chrome Panther fenders.
A set of fenders was bought, and the rear was modified to fit the odd spacing of the early postwar frame. When I’m done you won’t be able to tell is was changed
View attachment 1586064

View attachment 1586065

View attachment 1586066

View attachment 1586067
Oh, so, that's where and exactly what it is about 45/46-ers rear fender mount hole and indent fitting alignment.

I been wondering about that for years. Not as if I needed one but just curious. Lucky U be doing all the metal work otherwise, it ain't like U gonna be bumping into one easily.

Funny you should say that. I actually did find a correct rear fender for the bike last week. But this one has already been modified so it will stay. I will just keep the oddball fender for the next 45-46 Dx that finds its way to me.

Front fender is done and installed. Also a placeholder chain guard is on until I get the small feather painted. Front wheel is not on yet because I need to locate a new axle and bearing races for the hub. So another temporary wheel is installed just to get the bike upright and off my stand. Starting to look like something now!

Do them red, that would look great!!

I wonder what that would look like? I like the white on the rims. Thinner pins in white on the guard would tie in with the pins on the wheels. I'm 50/50 on the color. The Schwinn guard decal might help in making this decision. 😉

Back