When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945 BFG DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A couple other things to note on the early postwar Dx’s. The rear dropouts are thinner gauge metal the the 47 and up bikes. If you can compare to bikes side by side the difference is obvious, otherwise you need to measure them. Also, the front chain guard mount is thinner gauge metal and tends to be attached less securely to the bottom bracket. I know this is true of the bikes with the upper rear fender mount that is tubular rather than the later channel style mount. These are observations from seeing several of these bikes personally, and by several I mean at least 10 owned by me and a couple friends.
Agreed

A couple other things to note on the early postwar Dx’s. The rear dropouts are thinner gauge metal the the 47 and up bikes. If you can compare to bikes side by side the difference is obvious, otherwise you need to measure them. Also, the front chain guard mount is thinner gauge metal and tends to be attached less securely to the bottom bracket. I know this is true of the bikes with the upper rear fender mount that is tubular rather than the later channel style mount. These are observations from seeing several of these bikes personally, and by several I mean at least 10 owned by me and a couple friends.
Here is a good visual.
The red one is my 45 and you can see it fits easily in the 1/8 slot on my steel gauge.
The black one is my 52 phantom and it wont even go in the 10 gauge spot.
Definite difference:

7AA3E709-E0C0-4A66-B66E-BC5B041097B1.jpeg

2EAC0DF8-CC61-43BF-9547-86805F078F54.jpeg

1945 - C18387 Schwinn DX​

Here is my contribution to this thread that I picked up yesterday.

It appears to have been used as a garden bike or stored outside after a reconfiguation at some point during its long life. This bike was donated to a place in town that managed bicycle donations. The person who donated said it was his Fathers bicycle. I walked in 20 minutes after the donation. I have a friend that works there and with a little arm twisting and donation to the establishment I was able to take it home.

Here are the photos.

1946Schwinn.jpg

1945 SchwinnDX_20.jpg

1945 SchwinnDX_15.jpg

1945 SchwinnDX_13.jpg

1945 SchwinnDX_8.jpg

1945 SchwinnDX_2.jpg

It appears to have been used as a garden bike or stored outside after a reconfiguation at some point during its long life. This bike was donated to a place in town that managed bicycle donations. The person who donated said it was his Fathers bicycle. I walked in 20 minutes after the donation. I have a friend that works there and with a little arm twisting and donation to the establishment I was able to take it home.

Here are the photos.

View attachment 1975935

View attachment 1975963

View attachment 1975965

View attachment 1975966

View attachment 1975967

View attachment 1975968
Number?

Here are the photos.

View attachment 1975935

View attachment 1975963

View attachment 1975965

View attachment 1975966

View attachment 1975967

View attachment 1975968
Wow rode roughly and put back wet….lol

Back