When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945 CWC Cycle Truck Rustoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So as usual, Bob Bond knocked it out of the park with his lettering on the advertising panel. I wanted the panel to look like it had always been on the bike and wasn't just added this week. While he was doing the lettering to match the Hoffman Beverage logo on the box. I faux rusted the 3 shinny new brackets and screws/nuts to hold it on. I'm pretty happy with the look. Next is trying to find a chainguard to match & possibly a front drop stand.

View attachment 1222578

View attachment 1222579

View attachment 1222584
This is turning out BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!
REC

I knew it would need a long soak to break up some of the rust before it would come apart so I waited until it got warm to do so. First the rear half got a good soak. Then the front half next.View attachment 1217874
A lot of the rust loosened up and most of the major parts came off, but a few of the smaller screws like on the fenders had to be cut off. While it was soaking, I also used a small nylon brush to carefully scrub off the years of dirt, bird poop, & powdery rust. View attachment 1217880
What did you soak it in OA?

Back