When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1945 ladies Elgin

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
200+ shipping
Zipcode

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have this 1945 ladies Elgin. It is made up from different parts that came to me in a haul. The paint is just holding on and it has a nice even patina. The fenders are nice and straight with good braces. The handlebars are correct Torrington the stem is unknown. The forks are slightly bent but ridable for sure. The crank has some nice finish and the sprocket is not correct but in good shape. I have the correct small sweet heart on another bike and it can be had. Pedals were what I had for ladies. Both tires are decent riders one Western Flyer the other US Royal chain. The rear wheel has nice paint and pins with a Elgin hub that has not been opened up but is ridable. I would guess the parts more then equal the whole but I do not want to do that. Looking for $200 plus the ride. Any comments please PM me.

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108 (1).jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Very nice.

J110631 was one of the last bicycles made by Westfield in 1945, factory records show J114781 as being the last.

Emily L Bangs obviously loved it. There is an Emily L Bangs-Orsini in MA aged 87 (so around 11 when it was made). It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same person.

I hope your sale goes well.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi,

Very nice.

J110631 was one of the last bicycles made by Westfield in 1945, factory records show J114781 as being the last.

Emily L Bangs obviously loved it. There is an Emily L Bangs-Orsini in MA aged 87 (so around 11 when it was made). It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same person.

I hope your sale goes well.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Always look forward to hearing from you always good information. So this is a 1945? Yes I call the bike Ms. Emily and I purchased it in MA.

Hi @coasterbrakejunkie1969

Thank you for the nice reply, I appreciate it. (-:

Yes, it's a 1945. It was a little late for Emily to get it for Christmas, but maybe Santa promised it for the spring and nice weather.

There was a shortage of bikes at this point. Westfield were just starting to build their postwar bikes, and there was a boom for a couple of years as people returned from the war. By 1948 there was less of a rush for new bikes.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back