When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1945 Schwinn DX 26" Barn Find B35090 Serial Number

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
Here's another to compare. Supposedly 45, or 46.

20221012_210715.jpg

20221012_211707.jpg

BF2485, what a sweet 1945 early pre post bike! I have an early 1946 Schwinn that I posted on another Schwinn group a couple weeks ago in hopes to find out what I really had. Received some great information back from that group. I found out it was an early 1946 and it had the incorrect fenders and obviously I intend to make a restoration project bike. That said, I went on Marketplace to see if I could find the correct fenders for that manufacturing date era. I found your 1945 Schwinn to get a visual comparison of what fenders should look like that match for my bike. Lol, as luck would have it, I did not save your Marketplace ad, then could not find it again, happy I found it again on CABE! My bike is (serial #B49365). Still looking for correct fenders (front fender with flare out at the bottom) if anyone knows of any. Thanks! I have attached pictures of my bike serial number and pictures of the welds on my bike. The other numbers I have been told are some type of registration numbers for identification.

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

BF2485, what a sweet 1945 early pre post bike! I have an early 1946 Schwinn that I posted on another Schwinn group a couple weeks ago in hopes to find out what I really had. Received some great information back from that group. I found out it was an early 1946 and it had the incorrect fenders and obviously I intend to make a restoration project bike. That said, I went on Marketplace to see if I could find the correct fenders for that manufacturing date era. I found your 1945 Schwinn to get a visual comparison of what fenders should look like that match for my bike. Lol, as luck would have it, I did not save your Marketplace ad, then could not find it again, happy I found it again on CABE! My bike is (serial #B49365). Still looking for correct fenders (front fender with flare out at the bottom) if anyone knows of any. Thanks! I have attached pictures of my bike serial number and pictures of the welds on my bike. The other numbers I have been told are some type of registration numbers for identification.

View attachment 1736485

View attachment 1736486

View attachment 1736487

View attachment 1736488

View attachment 1736489
i foundout that mine is a very early pre-postwar bike with hand welded bottom bracket, and a very early method of holding the kickstand in , so i have decided to keep it

Very interesting BB stay joints @1591Lynch . The drive side stay joint is something a little different with the BB nub looking like a very heavy and deep stamping possibly making it a larger area for the stay mating area. The actual seam looks further out from the BB shell than the non drive side. Maybe the stay was misaligned with the nub on the BB shell? Looking at the joints I'd have to say your DX is within the 1945 production. If I remember correctly, your crank was also replaced along with the chain ring?

1668993519255.png

Very interesting BB stay joints @1591Lynch . The drive side stay joint is something a little different with the BB nub looking like a very heavy and deep stamping possibly making it a larger area for the stay mating area. The actual seam looks further out from the BB shell than the non drive side. Maybe the stay was misaligned with the nub on the BB shell? Looking at the joints I'd have to say your DX is within the 1945 production. If I remember correctly, your crank was also replaced along with the chain ring?

View attachment 1736566
The crank may have been possibly replaced. If only these old vintage bikes could talk. My bike was born 10 years before I was.

Anyone interested in an early PRE post war 1945 Schwinn Balloon Bike ? This is 1 of 98000 early post war bikes! Blackout ND hubs, dogleg crank, drop center wheels, pencil kickstand, Torrington pedals. Legit barn find ! Great project!! Very early method of holding kickstand into frame , not a DIY fix!! ALL SALES FINAL! NO REFUNDS ! I can meet up to 100 miles from my location. I can deliver within a reasonable distance for a fee. I might consider shipping it !

View attachment 1710578

View attachment 1710579

View attachment 1710580

View attachment 1710581

View attachment 1710582

View attachment 1710583

View attachment 1710584

View attachment 1710585

View attachment 1710586

View attachment 1710587

View attachment 1710588

View attachment 1745006

View attachment 1745007

View attachment 1745009
I’d like to purchase the bike I live in the San Francisco Bay area I’d be willing to pay for the shipping I have a girls bike with the same kickstand set up those pictures were posted last month

Back