When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Cadillac Autocycle Deluxe

-

10~18kustoms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked up this '46 serial # I47083 Autocycle from my friend Pappy last week. It was pretty much a crusty barn find with a few missing and incorrect parts but the basics are there. Missing tank (but you can see the scratches on the frame where it was) & 6 hole rear rack. Rear fender was replaced with a stainless
steel fender, missed matched pedals, & and wrong grips. On the good side, the seat top is great thanks to a aftermarket seat cover that was on it most of its life, and the original Maroon color has faded to a real nice chocolate brown.

20190217_140657.jpg

First step was to dissemble and clean everything and check bearings and new lube. I had a correct rear fender I was saving for another '46 project that was pretty rough and looked like it spent a lot of time in a chicken coop, but it happened to be the same color so I rolled out the dents and cleaned off the droppings. Also rolled the front fender, and straightened a few dings in the chainguard. to my surprise the cleaned up rear fender was a perfect match.

20190217_185846.jpg

20190217_185901.jpg

20190221_190332.jpg

Liking the way it was turning out I made an executive decision to continue on with this bike and abandon the other '46 project that had been poorly amateur restored/butchered by previous old farmer owner and devote the OG '46 tank to this project. I also pulled the trigger on a very close patina matching 6 hole rear rack I had seen offered by another CABE'er.

Strip and Faux paint to match started on the tank while I awaited the arrival of the rack.

20190220_150406.jpg

20190220_150422.jpg

20190220_161254.jpg

its looking real good!! you wont regret it...original paint bikes have charm...patina rocks!

Back