When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 DX redux

-

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
FB_IMG_1500720471281.jpg
20171222_133217.jpg
20171222_133150.jpg
20171222_133202.jpg
I bought this '46 DX last spring. Got it home and found the original paint was long gone. It was stripped to bare metal years ago. The only trace of the original red was found when I removed the bottom bracket bearing races. So I stripped it to bare metal again. The fenders were from who knows what . The seat had some oddball cover on it and the drop center wheels were mismatched.
Fortunately, it still had " good bones ". Between the Cabe classifieds and swap meet parts I found what was needed to bring it back to life. I'm still working on the Mesinger seat I bought for it. The one pictured is my "stand in" seat. I had the paint matched to the chain guard which was OG paint when it got it. It's done in single stage acrylic enamel. Rebuilt the wheels and added new spokes. Also, I was lucky enough to find the tapered kickstand on eBay. I did everything including the pin striping. It should be a good rider.

Last edited:
Awesome effort on your part! Love the color and how the clay colored tires make it look!

Back