When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 DX unequipped [have chain-guard].

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Cool, post a pic of the arm if you can, and the front hub too.

1946_PK_3.jpg
1946_PK_4.jpg

1946_PK_3.jpg

1946_PK_4.jpg

Interesting.. I wonder if this is real early post war, using up parts type of bike. Blackout stuff indicates war time and did Schwinn use skiptooth at all after the war?

Yes to skip-tooth; that OG Starlet, which caused a stir, with weird head badge was a real late 1952 frame... probably early 1953 'model'... had skip-tooth, I got to check, but I think maybe Morrow hub...

I posted BB located serial number for this 1946... it's five digits only after the initial "B"... so, who's developing a serial number base for 1940-1948 mid year, serial numbers?

Last edited:
Yes to skip-tooth; that OG Starlet, which caused a stir, with weird head badge was a real late 1952 frame... probably early 1953 'model'... had skip-tooth, I got to check, but I think maybe Morrow hub...

I posted BB located serial number... it's five digits only after the initial "B"... so, who's developing a serial number base for 1940-1948 mid year, serial numbers?

Sent you a PM on your serial number.

I bought a 1946 DX unequipped [I do have chain-guard] 26" boys Schwinn [18" frame], today. I know it does not have the proper size [balloon] tires on it... I haven't been able to clean front hub yet... Is this a Schwinn Rim [pre-S7 era]???

View attachment 262028

NEED the experts...
I am no expert, but these look to be Schwinn rims. If they have knurling on the center of the rims they are Schwinn rims. Hopes this helps. Good luck> Razin.

Back